Digital Transformation Experience: How to make a strong application?

Hi All, I am looking for some insights into how can one make a strong application with a digital transformation experience in a legacy system company.

• Profile of a SAP consultant/Engineering Manager in a traditional legacy company driving digital transformation for the company.
  • Proof of new features launched to automate/enable tech in various traditional processes and that has had an impact. It is not a “product innovation” but more an architecture innovation and tech deployment.
  • Validations include support letters, high salary proof, 1 Linkedin Live event participation and self-documentation only. No public proofs, no involvement in outside mentorship/speaking events/conferences.

My view is the application will fall weak without public proof and will struggle especially in MC.

Any experience with digital transformation backgrounds who received GTV and how did they navigate these challenges considering similar profiles usually have only internal proofs?

Looking for some insights!

Thanks in advance :pray:

I think digital transformation experience may sound ambiguous if it is not clear what role you played. In a digital transformation projects there are different players or contributed, what exactly did this person do. What’s their actual skill or expertise? Besides, it is not just the skill areas, what evidence do they have to meet the mandatory and optional criteria?

1 Like

Agreed with the above comment. The applicant needs to focus on the quantitative business or larger industry impact of the architecture innovation. How did it grow or change their company? Has that tech been replicated across the industry? Otherwise, it just sounds like they’re just updating the company’s tech stack and doing their job.

In the absence of pubic notability, they might add letters of reference as some of their ten pieces of evidence. They can use those letters to include screenshots of dashboards (financial, tech, etc.) regarding their work. In my application, my work and projects were mentioned in press articles many times, but without my name attached (as my FAANG companies only ever used the same 2-3 c-suite spox), so folks who did my letters of reference included links and screenshots of those articles and validated that I was the one spearheading those projects.

1 Like

Hi @Francisca_Chiedu

Need your expert inputs on a few question:

1. For someone who has worked in a service delivery role in a IT service company: is it worth applying considering the TN guide says service delivery roles mostly are not considered eligible?

2. If they do take a chance,

• they won’t have any external evidence to prove MC strongly.
  • all support letters & LORs will also be internal from the same company.

Would you say there could be a change of success? And if so, hat would be crucial to show within the above limitations?

The person obviously does not meet the criteria becaus of the skill area and the type of organisation they have worked for. I know ou must have seen this nut let m put it out agin " * Service Delivery, Process Delivery, Outsourcing, Consultancy (technical or management), ERP Consultancy, Systems Admin and all related fields".

If they have to take a chance it would be that they have external evidence and contribution to the field such as conference speaking, awards, opensource contributions and well published. If they don’t have this why throw away £524? If the endorsement process is free then you can take a chance but in this case, it is waste of time and resources.

1 Like

I agree! The applicant is in a tough situation and hence looking for some way out. But I agree on this and it is the right guidance. Thank you so much!

1 Like