Dependents on the Global Talent Visa

Please can someone help outline or explain the pathway to citizenship for spouse/dependents of the global talent visa awardees. Are they entitled to all benefits of the awardee and when can they become citizens or be granted indefinite leave to remain? It would be nice to know if there are any limitations.

After living 5 years in the UK, they can apply for indefinite leave to remain. They are required to spend a minimum of 180days in the UK.

One year after ILR, your dependent can apply for citizenship.

Not sure what you mean by benefit.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the response Francisca. I was referring to work criteria and if there are any limitations for the Partner in employment.

For employment, it is pretty much same as the principal applicant. I would say your partner has more advantage as they can work as a doctor but not allowed to work as a sport person.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

@Francisca_Chiedu, thank you for the response.
In my case, i am on tier 4 visa and my husband is my dependent. does that mean if my husband gets exceptional talent visa and I am his dependent, I have to wait for additional 2 years for my ILR or the initial 2 years under tier 4 will be counted?

Yes, you will wait for additional two years. Student visa doesn’t count towards ILR.

thanks for your help

1 Like