Dependent Visa to Global Talent Visa

Hi,

I don’t if it is relevant here. but if you have already spent sometime on dependent/spouse visa in UK. lets you are already from last 2 years on dependent (work permitted) visa and then you move to global talent visa, (exceptional talent 3 years to ILR). are you eligible to apply for PR after 1 year ?

Did not want to hijack this thread, but want to add one additional situation: what if someone spent those first 2 years on a tier-2 general visa, will they count towards total 3 years?

I don’t think so. Based on what I gather from https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/935972/global-talent-v3.0-gov-uk.pdf you can combine period only from these visa types:

Applicants may combine time spent in the following categories towards the qualifying
period:
• Global Talent (including Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent))
• Tier 1 (General)
• Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
• Tier 1 (Investor)
• Skilled worker (including Tier 2 (General))
• Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
• Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
• Innovator

2 Likes

Please see my answer above - It looks like you can use this time for a qualifying period

2 Likes

I am working on my Global talent visa application. Currently I wanted to submit my application for Endorsement. But I am facing difficulty in finding out if I need to pay the Endorsement fee for me only (that is £456) right now and once I receive the endorsement than I will pay the fee for my dependents (3 dependents). Or I have to pay my dependents and my personal endorsement fee together? And what would happen if my endorsement application get refused.

Would be really helpful if someone here would guide me with this.

When one applies for a stage 1 there’s no need to pay for dependants (or mention them at all), as stage 1 is not immigration, but endorsement application.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. I also don’t work for Tech Nation, neither I am authorised to represent it.

1 Like