Here is what I plan to submit for exceptional talent route
Summarising my tech background and specifically talking about the evideinces submitted. Answers to the TN questions for personal statement.
Usual stuff showing outcomes and impact of my work.
Letters of Recommendation
- CEO/Founder of product-led company I worked at for 2 years. Talkin about my impact in the company and some of my other activities outside of work.
- CTO/Co-Founder of a product-led company based in Europe and very active in the UK. We both worked at the same tech consultancy company around 2011 and that’s how knew each other and have been in contact since. Talks about the time we worked at the same company and my achievements outside of work in recent years.
- CEO/Founder of a product-led startup based in the US. His startup engaged me as a freelancer to build the innovative product fintech. Talks about my technical abilities and how I designed and built their app and how I handled the challenges that are common when building innovative apps.
Mandatory Criteria - Leadership
- Panelist on a high-profile panel about issues on how to advance tech in northern Nigeria.
- Evidence: 3-page document with event poster with my picture, picture of me on the panel, screenshots of tweets about the event, screenshot of snippet of invitation letter to be on the panel.
- Led the organisation of a developer conference with more than 500 attendees.
- Evidence: 2-page Reference letter from an individual who was in-charge of the umbrella developer group at Google for sub-saharan Africa but currently works as a senior developer advocate at a US-based company. Added pictures of event on last page making it 3 pages. 1 piece of evidence, 3 pages long.
- Reviewer of the pioneer National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the tech sector in Nigeria in preparation for policy making. Made numerous recommendations for the web development area I handled.
- Evidence: 3-page Document with pictures of the materials I was given to work with including my recommendation notes, screenshot of invitation email.
- Speaker at high-profile digital technology sector event
- Evidence: reference letter from conference organisers stating why I was selected to speak and conference attendee numbers.
Optional Criteria 2 - Activities outside of work
- Speaker at high profile software architecture conference.
- Evidence: Links to video of my talk, screenshot of the video showing me speaking, picture of my speaker tag, picture of thank you card for speaking, screenshot of reference letter in MC above.
- Mentor for a structured program organised by the EU to identify and mentor 50 developers for 1 year internships in tech companies in a specific European country.
- Evidence: 2-page reference letter from individual that was the program manager at organising company then but currently in-charge of a tech hub. Added pictures of hackathon event (used for selection of developers), picture of my mentor tag, screenshot of mentoring schedule with my name, and screenshot of invitation email to closing ceremony which took place a year later after mentees completed their internships. 1 piece of evidence, 3 pages long.
- Mentor in a structured accelerator program for startup founders and their senior team members organised by an Asian country and a local tech accelerator.
- Evidence: 1-page reference letter from organisers. Added 2 pages with screenshot of email invitation, screenshot of all mentors (including my picture), and screenshot of email explaining what my role as a mentor. 1 piece of evidence, 3 pages long.
Optional Criteria 3 - Technical contribution and impact
- Evidence: Reference letter from CTO of product-led startup I worked at (CEO of same company provided letter of recommendation) stating my contribution and impact. Worked on features used by more than 80k users of one of the products. The other has 190k users.
- Evidence: Screenshot of my commits from company product repos (from 1 above).
- Impact of my technical contribution on being capital efficient in bootstrapping a product-led startup I founded 6 months ago.
- Evidence: Data model (ERD), Screenshots of my commits, API documentation of API I built, snippet of shareholder document showing my shares.
What do you think about this and how would you rate my overall profile on a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being “highly-suitable” and 1 being “save your money”.
UPDATE: Removed evidence of answers on Quora. Removed agency related work.