I am going to submit my documents for exceptional talent by the next week. So I am here to request some review from the community. Any feedback appreciated . I left some questions inside the text, so it would be great if you can help me not only with a review but with a concrete questions. Also I hope my case would help other applicants to have some reference.
So, my background is Head of software engineering in a big IT product-led company. I manage big department of software engineers who are distributed in different product-teams.
- My CTO, who would write about my achievements and activity at the work (as a Head of, as well as a lead developer earlier) and mention my side activities (like mentoring)
- Founder of sport programming school, who is ACM ICPC bronze medalist and who has taught 3 ACM ICPC medalist-teams. He is Ph.D in computer science and has a lot of public mentioning as an expert in sport programming. He knows about me for about ten years, and we have met in university.
- CTO in German startup with a product-focus (and some consultancy also, but he would not place some focus on that). We met on the long-term IT-management education programme. The downside here is that he does not have strong public profile but he is C-level, from another country and he definitely has a different point of view on me.
Question 1: Is the downside of the referrer #3 really a downside? Or no problems?
If you’re interested I had another topic here about LoR author selection
Now the evidences go.
- Document containing confirmations of my thought leadership
- First page: Reference letter from the university where I participated as an expert on student project assessment panel twice and Screenshot of assessment panel invitations
- Second page: screenshot and link to an article on Habr.com with my commentaries (it was a QnA-article of several experts in industry);
- Short-list of my talks, here I will use only part of them
- First page: Link to my participation in round table in the huge russian IT-conference dotnext, as well as screenshot and analytics data
- Second page: Link to a podcast where I participated as an expert, screenshots of this podcast announcement and analytics data
Question 2: I have a list of talks that I can use for OC2 and for MC. How to I distribute talks between them? Can I use all of them here and there?
- Salary information: comparance with local market, list or promotions (because I have had pretty fast-paced career)
Question 3: Do I need some evidence about being a leader in a product-led company, besides the LoRs?
OC 2 Impact out of the work
- Document containing info about my mentorship
- Email with acceptance into a structured mentorship platform (solvery.io and getmentor.dev)
- Screenshot and link to my profile (with more than 15 sessions stated)
- Screenshot with text review from telegram talk from one or two of the mentees
- Screenshot of mentorship session, maybe link for a record
- Screenshot of platform mentioning in media
- Document with evidences of my impact on it-education
- Reference letter from university course Director. It is written about my impact (taught one yearly programming course for advanced-group of 17 students; taught to modules in top-level interregional it-programme (30 students), why I was invited, how UK will benefit from me, etc
- Photos of me teaching my students
- Screenshots from internal teachers’ system with my name. Screenshots of code review that I made
- Screenshot from telegram student group chat
- Document about my conferences and talks
- Screenshots of announcement of my talk on the industry conference
- Link to YouTube video of the round table
- Link to podcast (that I mentioned in MC), announcement screenshots
- Screenshot of the dotnext round table announcement (also mentioned in MC)
- Screenshot of the announcement of my talk about internship for Google student developers community in my city. Also a photo of me talking there
OC 3 Contribution
Reference letter from deputy CEO of my company, stating the financial growth of a company and linking my achievements with it. Also here comes the comfirmation of all diagrams that I use further
The diagram of company structure (different departments, products, teams) and description of my impact on every part (where I hired developers, where I assessed them, performed process review etc)
Document about my previous impact as a lead developer in one of our products
- Reference letter from Project manager stating my impact and linking my results with project results (I developed an important module that helped the product to gain hundreds of b2b-customers)
- Architecture diagram with info about my contributions
- Screenshot of my GitHub contributions
- Document with my salary info, but focusing on bonus/equity part to state that I’m exceptionsl in this case within the company. Also here I add my performance review results (“exceeds expectations” for several years, and linking it with equity)
And, of course, personal statement (where I speak about my growth occurred, why I choose UK, how I want to share my expertise with the UK) and updated CV (where some of my achievements stated)