Can I use a reference letter from managers who have left the company

My 1st referee was the head of technology and the other referee for the second company, head of product/financial services have left the company where I worked with them.

Both of them are still leaders in their new respective companies, the first one being head of tech, while the second one now a start up founder that recently raised some money

Does technation accept reference letters from refrees who have left the company that I am providing evidence for ?

@Francisca_Chiedu I would appreciate your input :pray:t5: Your contributions have been helpful on the platform

The answer is yes. They just need to state how they know you in the email.

1 Like

Thank you.
Just to further clarify. I meant reference letters for MC and OC… I hope it’s applicable too? They just need to state how they know me?

It does not matter, they just need to state it.

1 Like

Hi Francisca, Pls Is there a way I can directly reach out to you?

Post your question on the forum.

@Francisca_Chiedu Would it be okay to submit a letter of reference from someone who you worked with but has retired?

1 Like

what kind of reference letter?

A letter written by someone who can speak to my skills, contributions and impact, that I can use as part of my evidence in the mandatory/optional criteria?

1 Like

It has to be on a company letterhead.

2 Likes

How would a letterhead work for references who left the company, though?

They could use the letterhead head of their present company but still make reference to the previous company they worked for. Alternatively it could be submitted without letterhead head. Most people use Leatherhead to be on the safe side

1 Like