Business applicant - compliance role

Hello everyone,

I am thinking to switch my skilled worker visa to global talent visa and would like to ask your opinion for me to understand if I am actually eligible or not.

I went through the UK government’s & Tech Nation’s guide and covered this forum, however still struggling to understand. My speciality is compliance - I have been working for a UK fintech firm as Head of Compliance and I have 15 years of experience.

I am going to demonstrate MC, OC2 & OC3 mainly with the following achievements of mine:

• I am one of founding members of the fintech firm I currently work for and have established its operational systems, business wide risk assessment, policies, licensing, information security controls etc. from scratch, basically anything that needs to be done for a fintech firm to be fully operational.

• I have also contributed to other fintech firms and compliance system vendors, advising how compliance automation and machine learning based transaction monitoring works and I have also published a guide for fintech compliance teams while I was collaborating with them.

• I have particularly worked on automating compliance processes adopting the power of AI and machine learning which has contributed to the company’s swift compliance checks / operations making a difference from traditional banks’ compliance procedures.

Assuming that I provide sufficient supporting evidence, I would like to ask two questions here.

1. Can a compliance role also be considered for endorsement by Tech Nation first of all?

The reason why I ask is because ‘Examples of Business Skills’ in the Tech Nation’s guide does not include anything related compliance although I am aware it’s not limited. I also tried their Visa Readiness Checker and there was no option of compliance upon choosing occupation. And, I also haven’t really seen anyone in compliance who successfully obtained GTV in this forum.

1. During my 15 years of compliance experience, I have worked for a fintech firm in the last 4 years and previously it has always been non-fintech firms - would I not be eligible to apply as an exceptional talent?

Any thoughts, opinions, advices would be super helpful.

Thank you!!

I know someone who got endorsed for his work as a legal and compliance officer in a fintech. I believe what matters is having the evidence to show you meet the criteria.

Thank you Francisca for your response!

Do you also happen to have some idea about whether I am eligible to apply as an exceptional talent?

During my 15 years of compliance experience, I have worked for a fintech firm in the last 4 years and previously it has always been non-fintech firms - would I not be eligible to apply as an exceptional talent?

I’m sure you are a busy person and sorry for asking another question:(

Chisato

You have over 15years expy, if your experience in a productled digital technology company is more than 5 years then you will be assessed as exceptional talent. You need to provide evidence to show you meet the criteria for talent.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Understood and it seems I am not eligible for the exceptional talent route as my experience in a product led digital technology company is still only 4 years.

I’m glad I was able to confirm here. Really appreciate your input!

If you have the evidence, best to demonstrate in your personal statement that you pivoted to tech 4 years ago. Some people have been accessed under talent because they didn’t make it clear that they are new in their tech Career.

Makes sense - I will carefully assess my application or wait for a couple of months until 5 years have elapsed.