[Approved] Endorsement for Design

Hey guys, I’ve always found reading here helpful a I thought I’d share my documents that I used to obtain my endorsement for exceptional promise. I have a little under 4 years in the industry and this is everything I submitted :slightly_smiling_face:

1. Personal statement (Exactly a 1000 words): I talked about my journey from studying fashion as my undergrad to completing my MA and continuing to focus on UX and VR in my work. Plus details of my tech contributions to the UK so far.

2. 3 Reference letters: From the Founder of a digital platform I worked at, the Co-Founder of an XR company I worked at, the lead UX designer of my current company (not direct reporting)

3. 3-paged CV

Mandatory Criteria:

1. How do I demonstrate I have been recognised as (or recognised as having the potential to be) a leading talent in the digital technology sector in the last 5 years?: The evidence I led the growth of a product-led digital technology company:

• my volunteer work with one of London’s biggest museums on making VR products for the museum, and my volunteer work with another big London museum and designing an XR based experience there. Basically designing interactive XR and VR exhibits. I included visit numbers, pictures of my work and a mention on it on the museum websites and press.

• a reference letter from my masters course leader (who is a lead designer in AI tech) confirming my work at the museums, my design interests, my scholarship and my high performance throughout the course and also how I’m now a mentor for the university

• I spoke about my work at my current company, one of the products I designed with market traction numbers, and added articles about me and my company both in the news

• A reference letter talking about my work at my current company talking about my contributions to its growth and how I lead one of its biggest products from inception

Optional Criteria:

OC1. How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised for innovation as a founder of a product led digital technology company or as an employee working on a new digital field or concept:

• Screenshots and details about the innovative product (UX+AI) I designed for my current company that was also spoken about (with numbers) in one of my 3 reference letters with numbers

• Screenshots and details about the other innovative product I designed for my current company with images of official revenue numbers and statements obtained to and confirmed again in the same ref letter as above

• Screenshots and information about an innovative XR/VR product I led a design team for that was confirmed in my 3 reference letters + screenshots about the product and the company + news clippings about it my work with name mentioned + 3 month initial release and overall usage numbers

OC3. How do I demonstrate that I have made a significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contribution in the digital technology sector either as a founder, entrepreneur or employee of a digital technology company? The evidence I led in the development of high-impact digital products or services:

• Screenshots of a new product I designed for my current company that has been lucrative for the company + details of release and customers

• Ref letter confirming my work and talking about the high traction of the product from the head of solutions of the company

• Screenshots of my UX redesign work with the digital platform I worked at, some bits of CSS I wrote, screenshot for the Webby award for my design (all confirmed with first month traction numbers included in one of my 3 main ref letters)

I applied from within the UK and submitted my application on 28 April. I had a total of 5 edits, details:

First and Second edit: 29th April

Third edit: 30th April

Fourth edit: 14th May

Fifth edit: 21 May

Endorsement email received: 22 May

Good luck to everyone applying - I know how stressful it can be! I hope this might help someone :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It’s very helpful.

Thank you for that.

1 Like

Congratulations. This is interesting especially you evidence for innovation and mandatory criteria. Some others may submit thins and assessor may think it is not substantial. I believe your field is unique.

1 Like

Its very helpful for upcoming audience. Congratulations

2 Likes

Thank you. Could be unique - I did try to follow the guidelines as much as possible and provide as much revenue and sales evidence as possible with all the criteria to solidify the evidence. For mandatory I believe that it was building product based experiences in accessible spaces as well as the press articles mentioning my work with both the museums and my current company. Regardless, I don’t want to mislead anyone! My work is innovative because the field I work in calls for that and allows me to create new things. Thankfully for OC1 I could show product traction in market and innovation proof from both the companies :slight_smile:

Congratulations!! Very well put together

2 Likes