Applying for stage 2 from different country

I received my stage 1 endorsement while on holiday in Portugal for 4 weeks. I am a US citizen and just here in Portugal visiting but it seems they have a visa processing center in Lisbon that I can go to. I’m wondering if anyone else has submitted their stage 2 application while visiting/staying in a country (not their home country)? Hoping I don’t have to fly back to the US in order to submit my application. Thanks!

You have to got back to your Country of Residene.

FYI for others, I just spoke to a UK gov representative through the visa helpline and he told me that the policy just changed a few weeks ago. You are now able to apply for the global talent visa anywhwere that has a visa processing center. He directed me to this link which confirms: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/where-to-apply-ecb05/ecb5-where-to-apply-the-policy

Applications for short-term visas, International Sportsperson, Temporary Work – Creative Worker, Youth Mobility Scheme and Global Talent

You can make applications for a visit visa, a short-term study visa, International Sportsperson, Temporary Work – Creative Worker, Youth Mobility Scheme and Global Talent entry clearance in any visa application centre, British diplomatic mission or consular post overseas where entry clearance applications are accepted.

You should be present legally in the country or territory you’re applying from.

Find a visa application centre.

Thank you so much for sharing this @Jstone. I am in a similar situation needing this information. I am living with my boyfriend in London right now, so I have had to decide where to go for stage 2. He doesnt like the idea of being apart for (possibly) a few months, so going back to the US would have been very difficult. However now this opens the opportunity to stay in Paris, where he can actually work from his company’s other office and is only a train ride away. :blush: Thank you thank you!