Can you help me on this?
I got endorsed by Tech Nation early January. I applied for the Global Talent Visa stage 2 mid January within the UK and got negative response yesterday, with the reason: “… as you are not allowed to switch in country from a Visitor Visa to an initial Global Talent visa.”
They give us the option to apply for the Global Talent visa from within the UK so I thought that’s the natural way to do it. I agree that it also says on their website, if you’re on a current Visitor Visa, you can’t switch to Global Talent.
My questions moving forward:
- I assume it’s actually correct that I’m on the Visitor Visa if I entered the country (from Switzerland) just by that as I would as a tourist, correct?
- If yes, does that really mean I need to leave the UK and then apply “from outside the UK”?
- If yes, is this the correct link to do that? -> https://www.gov.uk/global-talent/apply-from-outside-the-uk
- It also says on the website that it’s possible to apply for the Global Talent visa from outside the UK, and then enter the UK while still waiting to get the visa, quote: “After you apply, you can stay in the UK until you get your decision.” -> How does this make sense? Why would I need to take a train to Calais just to fill an online form and then drive back? Or did I miss something? Is this what I need to do now?
- I already paid the health fees and had my biometrics appointmend done here in London for my initial application. Is that align with a second application following?
Hopefully you can quickly help me as I am confused about it. I think this will be interesting to get clarified for other people in the forum too.