Hello all, I’d like to know if I have a good chance as an Exceptional Promise, or if there are areas to work on. I recently found out about the Tech Nation visa route, and as a Software Engineer ( 3+yrs experience in Frontend Development) I’d like to see it as my best shot.
- I work as a Software Engineer for a company in Germany, although I work remotely so I still live in my home country (Nigeria).
- Prior to this, I worked for a Startup in the UK and Nigeria as a Software Engineer as well.
- Recently got a second job with good pay, equity and stock options
- I’ve built 5 different products from the ground up in the process, and a bunch of features as well in my different workplaces.
- I haven’t contributed to open source projects, but my Github is quite active and I have a lot of commits as well as repositories to show for it.
- Considering my two jobs, I have a pretty high salary
- Likewise, I haven’t spoken at tech conferences but I’ve mentored a couple of junior developers,
- I also write technical articles during my spare time and share them with various audiences.
- I’m currently building my own startup but it’s still at its early stage and hasn’t gained much traction.
- Referees would be from the CTOs of the companies I’ve worked with - is this acceptable?
I’ll like to know If I stand a chance, or if there are areas to work on before giving it a shot and any form of advice would be helpful.
Thanks in advance!