Advise for GTV post PhD submission

Hi, I have recently submitted mu PhD thesis with the university of Cambridge.
I intend to apply for a GTV but I also held a Tier 2 visa from April 2019 to September 2020 before starting my PhD.
I wanted to understand if the time spent on Tier 2 and/or on Tier 4 as a full-time PhD would count towards my residency for the GTV?

Also, I have the job but for a few months, ending in June 2025. Can I still apply for a long term GTV? I will be named on grant applications in the coming months that the university will submit.
Any advise on how to get the endorsement done would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Rahul_Arora

Please refer to the Tech Nation Visa Guide - Tech Nation and assess your application and structure your evidences.

Tier 4 is the student visa right? if so, i dont think this counts for residency.

Once you get endorsed for technation, you are allowed to switch jobs.

hope this helps.

Hi @Maya

Thanks for your response. SInce Tier 4 is not counted, I’m not sure about the previously held Tier 2. I have been in the UK continuously since 2019. So, would the Tier 2 from 2019 to 2020 counts towards the residency period or after obtaining the GTV, the clock resets?

Best,
Rahul

Hi @Rahul_Arora

Maybe best to contact immigration adviser for this matter. I dont have much expertise on this, and maybe other colleagues in the forum are able to advise !

thanks

1 Like

As far as I understand the clock resets since it has been too long since then

Hi @Rahul_Arora Tier 4 does not count. It is best to consult an immigration expert to confirm if your previous Tier 2 will be counted. You might also ask in the forum https://www.immigrationboards.com/ but best to confirm with an immigration expert personally to be sure.

1 Like

You time you n you he uk may count on a 10 year route. Your previous tier2 visa won’t count as you are not switching from tier2 to GTV. Seek immigration advise for visa related matters.

1 Like