About to begin Application process

Good morning everyone.
I’m about to start applying for the tech nation visa as a Nigerian student in my finals who’s also working.

1.Would I need my transcript to apply for this visa?
2. What other documents do I need to provide.
Thanks.

Hello @Jola.

Please start from studying (not just reading once or twice) the official Tech Nation Visa Guide, reading articles, watching videos.

It typically takes one to three months to prepare the application, collect recommendation letters, and gather and compile pieces of evidence.

This forum is usually helpful at the late stages of application preparation when you already have something to show. So the community can tune up the application.

Best wishes,
Savva.

1 Like

No you don’t need a transcript.

The Technation Visa link below has all you need. Read it thoroughly.

TN Visa guide

If you get stuck feel free to reach out to me.

#OneNaija.

1 Like

Thank you very much.
I have started my research properly.

Thank you very much.
I am going through every single detail now.
I appreciate your help.

#onenaija

1 Like

Heyy Jola,
I also started my application in my finals. Just like @Savvkin has said, there is no need for transcripts. Just follow the Tech Nation docs.

I also started building a tool where you can find some of the information from official and unofficial sources. Check it out here - https://gtvadvice.pory.app/

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response :pray:
I’ve started working on my personal statement and getting reference letters from my professors.
I have a little problem with the ‘Mandatory Evidence’.
I am not into tech or arts and culture. I’m hoping to use ‘Science and Research’.
I did my IT in a federal Basin for 6 months and I kept doing voluntary work for about a year.
Is that enough proof for ‘exceptional promise’?

Good morning Sir.
Thank you so much for your help so far.
Taking on your offer because I’m kind of stuck.
I’ve started working on my personal statement and getting reference letters from my professors.
I have a little problem with the ‘Mandatory Evidence’.
I am not into tech or arts and culture. I’m hoping to use ‘Science and Research’ and there’s hardly enough information in that aspect.
I did my IT in a federal Basin for 6 months and I kept doing voluntary work for about a year.
Is that enough proof for ‘exceptional promise’

You may want to consider applying as an Academic Researcher. And your job offer will need to involve either:

being responsible for academic, research or innovation leadership and development
directing or leading an individual or team research or innovation project or programme of work

Documents you need to provide

You need to provide both:

a full job description
a letter from the director of human resources (or equivalent) at the organisation where you will work

The letter needs to say all of the following:

the name of the position and department where you will work
how the job you’ve been offered is eligible for this visa
that you’ve accepted the job offer
that the position was advertised and the application process was an open competition (or if it was not, the reasons why)
that you gave at least 2 references
that at least 3 academic, research or innovation representatives interviewed you for the role
that an expert in your field was among the interviewers or consulted about your appointment before you were offered the job

You might want to take a look at this. https://www.gov.uk/global-talent-researcher-academic/academic-or-researcher

Cheers

Thank you very much for your response.
I am currently reading up on it.