About the 250 words personal summary

Hi,

I have seen people talking about the visa application form asking for a 250-words answer to the question - Briefly explain why you have chosen to apply for the specific pathway of ‘Exceptional Talent’, but didn’t see it mentioned in the Tech Nation guide.

Shouldn’t the answer to this question be already included in the personal statement? as in the personal statement, you need to explain why you are applying for this visa. Is this question specifically about why you chose the Exceptional Talent or Exceptions Promise route? Or why you are applying for the talent visa in general?

Hi @Xu_He,

To start with, I think this field was recently added to the form (more experienced applicants may be able to verify this).

Shouldn’t the answer to this question be already included in the personal statement? Yes and no.

Reason is that the reason you’re writing your personal statement is to explain why you should be granted a “Global Talent Visa” which may or may not require you to be specific about the route.

Is this question specifically about why you chose the Exceptional Talent or Exceptions Promise route?

Yes, I think this question has been deliberately added to make sure you know what route you’ve chosen to be appraised under. I’ve read a case of someone who made a honest mistake of choosing the talent route instead of promise and was appraised wrongly.

I hope this helps.

You may also wait to hear from other contributors here.

2 Likes

The question is clear, Tech Nation is clarifying why you think you qualify fir talent or promise.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer!

Thank you! :relaxed:

Currently, it is worded as “This value must be between and 50 words.”.

1 Like

This is very helpful information! Thank you very mush for sharing it @Neuron!