Work outside Assistance

Hi,

How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector?

I only fulfil below example of relevant evidence provided by TN:

• Evidence of mentorship (i.e. the sharing or teaching of skills and knowledge).

But Udemy training is not a significant marker as there are very low entry criteria to become a trainer according to TN.

So, below things which I am applicable for work outside:

• I found many security bugs (vulnerabilities) in Microsoft in 2014 and 2019 and Cyber aerospace company in 2016.
  • My article publish in international Magazine related to Cybersecurity in Oct 2020.
  • I got Cisco Cybersecurity scholarship in 2018, attended all training courses led by USA instructor online and passed the two exams with more than 80%.
  • Developed Darkweb Monitoring product with my own company profile in 2018.
  • I have two courses at Udemy platform related to IT one is launched in 2018 and second one is in Oct 2020.
  • I also conducted instructor led training in Africa during my job, I have only evidence of pictures and the company linkedin and facebook profile.

Can I provide mix of above all things to show my work outside?

Thank you.

I guess this option means your contribution or volunteer work to the community outside of your job. Such as engaging in technical forums, Github and Stackoverflow. This also includes talking in a workshop in front of large audience.

I was also stuck at this point but then I remember I had been engaged on Google webmaster forums where I dedicated roughly around ~1000 hours. I had ~100 best answers and thousands of upvotes. I also had been occasionally engaged on Stackoverflow so I will show these 2 in my application. Not sure if they are applicable or not but I am a bit optimistic so lets see :slight_smile:

I consider each item, of what you have listed above, as a potential candidate to be a piece of evidence for How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector?

I believe that what matters is impact and for this particular criteria it is important that you have done it outside of your 9-to-5 occupation. I also strongly believe that it doesn’t matter whether it’s Udemy course or a lecture at Harvard University. What matters is the impact, how many people have been reached, general user feedback, monetisation (if applicable) and most importantly why have you done it?

Hope that helps.
Herman.

Hi @herman.komashko, with this description, will my contribution qualify which I explained in above post “?

Same question as above…

Same question as @zamana. With this description, will these contributions qualify which Jamal explained in above post?..