Time Exceptional Talent visa is granted for

I applied for the Stage 2 GT visa for 3 years. My GT visa is granted on 18th August 2022 and is valid till 18th August 2025 (exactly 3 years). Usually in my previous visas (Tier 4/ Tier 2) I always got few months extra to remain in the UK on my visas.

When you apply for the 3 years leave to remain on GT visa do you get exactly 3 years?

If this is the case, then how can I apply for ILR (settlement) where it states that I need to stay in the UK for at least 3 years as Exceptional Talent to be able to apply for ILR?

1 Like

@Francisca_Chiedu and @Maya Will it be possible to help me with this query, please?

1 Like

Did you get a letter with your BRP? What is written on the letter? You need three years does not mean it has to be exactly three years. If you spend 9months in each year, you should be fine. This is just my opinion, not immigration advise,

2 Likes

@Francisca_Chiedu Thank you for your reply. On last Friday I received an email from the “BRP courier delivery” which mentioned that my biometric card is due to be delivered to my post code within the next 48 hours. However, I am guessing that they don’t deliver during the weekend and I still am waiting for my BRP to come. That being said, I am already planning for my ILR now in advance and when I noticed that the decision letter mentioned that my visa is valid till 18th August 2025 (which is exactly 3 years from now), I was thinking how can I apply for my ILR if the UKVI documentation says that I have to live in the UK for at least 3 years as Exceptional Talent.

When you got your GT visa did you get exactly 3/5 years or you got a few months on top of the number of years (3/5) that you have requested?

1 Like

it is exactly the number of years i applied for. I applied for five years but I can apply for ILR by the third year. You can join the tech nation visa forum on slack. there is a channel on ILR. You really have nothing to worry about. Global talent visa is not same as student visa.

3 Likes

@Francisca_Chiedu Thank you for confirming. I have applied for the TN Visa Alumni network here https://technation.io/tech-nation-visa-alumni-network/ and currently waiting to join the slack group once approved. Thank you for all the help and support. :slight_smile:

for these types of visas they usually provide the exact period. students visa is a different case. i think they provide them additional period for graduation or any failed results.

1 Like

@Maya Thank you for your reply on this. BTW did you get a 3/5 year GT visa? And are you thinking for applying for ILR?

I was previously endorsed for Startup and technically previous years are counted for ILR.
However, I still did not plan for ILR. Will keep you posted if any updates in regards with this.

1 Like

@Maya That’s awesome. Let me know if you plan to go for ILR. I might follow in your footsteps. :smiley:

1 Like