Hi! I just received my stage 1 endorsement (woo!) and am now hoping to confirm my understanding of stage 2 is correct & ask a couple questions.
This is my understanding of stage 2 as someone applying outside the UK (I’m in the US):
- Create online application, pay fees, etc, and indicate the date I plan to enter the UK on.
- Visit a nearby Application Support Center (ASC) to get biometrics done
- Send my passport, stamped appointment confirmation from the ASC, application form, and my endorsement letter to the UKVI Scanning Hub in New York (seeing this here).
- Once the UKVI Scanning Hub receives my things, as long as I don’t need to attend a interview or provide more info & I get approved, I’ll get my passport back in <= 3 weeks with a vignette that allows me to enter the UK for a 30 day period starting from the date I submitted in part (1)
- Upon arriving the UK, I must pick up the BRP as soon as possible (or after completing a required COVID quarantine if necessary). Once I have a BRP there’s nothing else to do
Assuming that understanding is correct, I’m seeking some advice with regard to the timeline. I’m hoping to enter the UK in early October, about 4-5 weeks from right now. My reasoning isn’t super pertinent, but my partner is having a university graduation ceremony in the Netherlands in mid-October that I’d like to attend. Logistically this is a bit of a pain, but in an ideal world I’d like to bring my things over to the UK in early October, pick up my BRP, and then exit the UK soon after to go to the Netherlands for the ceremony, and a few days later re-enter the UK with my BRP.
Some questions I have:
- Is entering the UK 4 - 5 weeks from now realistic?
- If for some reason I’m unable to pick up my BRP prior to leaving the UK for the Netherlands, am I still able to re-enter the UK afterward using my vignette for a second time as long as the vignette has not expired yet?
- If anyone has any anecdotal experience about ASCs in the US, that’s also very much appreciated