Stage 2 application date

I received my endorsement for Exceptional Talent on Mar-04th.
Me and my family were thinking of applying around end of May. however , regarding all the issues with Tech Nation, Do you recommend me to apply ASAP or can I wait until I will be ready for relocation (with my wife and 2 kids).

Thank you in advance


Tech nation has no say in your stage 2 application. After you have received your endorsement, Tech nation hands are off the process. Going forward, you are dealing directly with the UK home office. Just that after endorsement, you have 3 months to apply for the visa as the endorsement is only valid for 3 months. If you feel May is when you would be prepared for the 2nd stage then you are still within the time frame.

Sorry, when did you submit your application?

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, I submitted my application on Feb21

1 Like

Ok. You are welcome.

1 Like

You can apply now but state when you want to move to the UK.


Thank you @Francisca_Chiedu. Do you think is possible to apply now and state that we are aiming to move in Sep 2023? (6 months from now)

Please @Buzman001 I submitted my exceptional promise application on the 9th of February 2023. I haven’t heard anything till date!

What could be wrong?

And what are my chances of been endorsed given this long delay

Hello @Francisca_Chiedu. Thank you for the good work and mass enlightenment you help with here.

Pls, I submitted my application for Exceptional Promise on the 9th of February and till date, there has been no feedback.

Is there anything you think could be responsible for the delay?

And what are my chances, given someone who submitted on a farther date than I applied already got a response

All fingers crossed. Applications vary, so don’t use someone else’s application to measure yours. Besides the official timeframe is 8 weeks after submission. Have you got any edits since submission?

I would also take ILR into the account. if you are requesting visa for 5 years for the dependants, ILR has eligibility requirements regarding to the entry and when the visa was issued. You would want to be able to apply ILR when they still on the visa so make sure you check those.

Thank you for your response. No, I haven’t. Which is why I am even more worried. @Buzman001

1 Like

Don’t be worried… I have seen instances here where no single edits and applications turned out successful. I understand how nervous you could be right now. All the best!

Thank you so much for your soothing words @Buzman001. I stay hopeful

1 Like

@Francisca_Chiedu , mine is abit different. I need your advice.

I got endorsed for Global talent March 2nd 2023. My two kids do not have an international passport ( we have applied for it) . However, its looking like the passport will be out in May- My worry is, what if the passport doesn’t come out in May and given that we only have 3months timeframe to apply for Stage 2. What do you advice.

Please help.

You need to apply now or before june, they will apply whenever they get their passports.

Hi @Francisca_Chiedu

I have some similar questions and need your advice -

I didn’t respond because someone already answered your question. What further clarification do you need?

1 Like

Thanks for revert. Just need another confirmation around - “Can my partner remain on a Tier 2 dependent visa while I switch to a global talent visa?”

Yes, they can remain on tier two but they will need to switch before they apply for ILR.