Stage 1 waiting times?

Just curious, is tech nation still endorsing people under the promise category? considering the recent news of home office trying to cut down the number of immigrants.

Wow! Anyone applied recently? What does y’all edit timelines look like?

I submitted 25 June.
Here’s my edit timeline:

June 29
July 3
July 3
July 7
July 10
July 12

Rejection letter received: July 13

1 Like

Feel like there is no new update after 12 July. Does anyone receive any update after 12th?

My edit history

Submitted: 30 June
Edit 1: 3rd July
Edit 2: 11th July
Edit 3: 18th July

Hello All,

Applied on 8th June for Talent (Inside UK)

There were 4 edits (I lost hope after 3rd edit)

7th July Got stage 1 approval email

Stage 2: Submitted Biometrics on 17th July on priority and got approval on 18th July

All the best everyone.

2 Likes

Do you mind sharing the edit timeline, if you can?

Hello,

I don’t remember the exact dates.

Edit started after 2 weeks of the submission of the application

Thanks

Hi, got caught up with some stuff.

Yes, I’m appealing, I’ll put up a post on this now.

Sorry for the delay. Yes, I’m appealing. I’ve put up a post on this.

I have put up a post about the reasons. I didn’t write anything on my evidence and just put screenshots of my products, analytics dashboards and newspaper clippings. Could have done a better job in presenting the stuff in a better way :sweat_smile:

I just got approved!

After 6 edits, I nearly lost hope. This is a reminder that edit counts aren’t deterministic as Tech Nation doesn’t make their process public, keep your hopes up!

I applied twice before getting endorsed this time round, and here are some tips

1. Explain succinctly.

2. Use proof where you can. Links? Testimonial letters? Photos? Videos? They boost the strength of your document.

3. Presentation matters! Use good colours, alignment, font and what not.

4. Don’t underestimate your credentials. Just justify your evidence according to the criteria

3 Likes

congratulations! Did you apply using the same log in details or you changed email? I’m about applying a second time

Tech Nation would fairly treat each application without recurse to the previous ones – that, I’m sure of. I used the same log in details.

2 Likes

Congratulations Vincent. I also used same email in my second application and got endorsed. It did not matter.

1 Like

I submitted it on the 26th of June and received an endorsement on Jul 12. Received an endorsement under the exceptional promise category, though I had applied to the exceptional talent route.

1 Like

Congratulations Kelechi. Did you apply inside or outside the UK?

1 Like

I applied from outside of the UK.

ok, thank you. Your application response time is fast. What do you think is the reason they awarded you promise instead of talent you applied for?

Congratulations Kelechi