Stage 1 waiting times?

Congrats, was your application business or tech?

Congratulations on your endorsement @Sebiomo, I need some clarification on the Home office confirmation stage.
I have got the following emails from tech nation and the home office:

• an acknowledgement of my application payment
  • an email where I got my user reference (which starts with 1212…)
  • an email from tech nation with the subject “Tech Nation Visa - Application Submitted” after I submitted my application.

Is the home office confirmation different from the above? and what do I need to do to

1 Like

As I was expecting, I just received a rejection.

Will try to appeal soon!

so sorry man. Can you share the reason. Promise or Talent

Will make a post for feedback for sure. I applied for promise but was judged under talent.
Naturally it failed big time :grinning:

ops… so sorry to hear that

Yeah. It’s the above. The one that says your application has been sent to Technation.

After there, it’s just to wait for a response.

Tech, product designer.

Purely out of curiosity, when the application is either approved or rejected, do the “Status” or “Completion” columns on the Tech Nation website change?
Is there any indication on their website, or do we only receive an email from the Home Office?

No. The status remains as “submitted”, and the last activity in the column remains as “moved application xxxxx to stage Assessment”

1 Like

2nd Edit: 19 Mar 2023 20:55 (WAT)

Still waiting

2 Likes

Hi
I noticed same edit as yours, yesterday also got edit at 19 Mar 2023 19:06 (UTC), that means
they will edit once more today morning and send email.
this is my assumption :slight_smile:

Hi, here are my documents. (Promise). I applied as a Product designer (UI/UX)

1. Personal statement (974 words): I talked about how I got into Tech, despite studying pharmacy, my work at an NGO, building three open source tools, working as Head of Design at my current company, my work as a teaching assistant and mentor, and how I want to contribute to the UK Tech Community as well as where I would be living.

2. 3 Reference letters: From the Founder of the NGO I worked at, The CEO of my current company and the Co-founder of another company I work at.

3. 3-paged CV

Mandatory Criteria:
1. How do I demonstrate I have been recognised as (or recognised as having the potential to be) a leading talent in the digital technology sector in the last 5 years?: The evidence I led the growth of a product-led digital technology company: I spoke about my work at my current company, one of the products I designed was acquired. I also spoke about the results of the project.
I am currently the Head of Design. I also own stock options at the company. I attached Figma screenshots, my stock options and the company’s Crunchbase profile.

2. How do I demonstrate I have been recognised as (or recognised as having the potential to be) a leading talent in the digital technology sector in the last 5 years?: The evidence I command a high salary for my services.: I spoke about my pay at my current company compared with Payscale and Glassdoor. I also attached screenshots, plus my stock options.
I included salaries from my other jobs too.

3. How do I demonstrate I have been recognised as (or recognised as having the potential to be) a leading talent in the digital technology sector in the last 5 years? The evidence I led the growth of a non-profit organisation with a focus on the digital technology sector: I spoke about my work at the NGO and the impact of my designs, including how I designed banners across Nigeria for a campaign to raise awareness and increase policy and financial support for mental health. This campaign led to the passage of a new mental health law.

4. How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised as (or recognised as having the potential to be) a leading talent in the digital technology sector in the last 5 years? The evidence I led an open-source project: I spoke about one of the open-source projects I founded and led. A Figma plugin called Tints and Shades. I attached a screenshot of the design in Figma and also a review on the Figma community. This has over 26k installs.

Optional Criteria:
1. How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector? Evidence of mentorship: I spoke about my work as a Teaching Assistant and Mentor outside my regular job. I also talked about my speaking engagements at two events. I attached screenshots of the email and flyer invites and the appreciation package that was sent to me. I also talked about the impact of my mentorship on the students.

2. How do I demonstrate that I have made a significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contribution in the digital technology sector either as a founder, entrepreneur or employee of a digital technology company? The evidence I led in the development of high-impact digital products.: I talked about the three open source projects that I founded and led, Tints and shades, ColoursNG and Sitesnap. I attached screenshots of the projects and the Figma designs. I also attached design websites that recommended one of these tools.

3. How do I demonstrate that I have made a significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contribution in the digital technology sector either as a founder, entrepreneur or employee of a digital technology company? The evidence I led in the development of high-impact digital products or services: I spoke about my work at a different startup and the impact of my design. I attached screenshots of the company’s Cruchnbase profile, my Figma designs and the LinkedIn recommendation from the Founder.

These were all the documents I submitted.

All the best to everyone looking to apply or still waiting.

6 Likes

Congratulations. Well deserved endorsement. Consider making this a fresh post. It is in the wrong thread.

2 Likes

Submitted 16th Feb -

1st Edit: 8th March
2nd Edit: 9th March
3rd Edit: 12th March
4th Edit: 14th March

Almost 5weeks today

Any ideas, can I message to check status?

Thank you.

Oh. Alright.

Hi all,

I had applied for talent, and just got endorsed for promise. Sharing my timeline as another data point.

Applied on TN website: March 9th
Received Endorsement: March 20th (today)

7 Likes

congratulation dear. how many edits did you have?

I applied on the 7th March and i got only one edit on 14 March

Congratulations @PSP2000.

Mind sharing your submission package for others?

1 Like

Congratulation @PSP2000