Stage 1 : Optional Criteria 2,3 advice

Hi All,
Could anyone share your experience and please advice me the relevant documents and evaluation metric need to consider for following evidences ?

Optional_criteria 2

• Tech nation : Your Stack Overflow profile showing significant contribution to discussions around code
    -> How many points or number of questions required in Stack overflow to meet this criteria ?

• Tech nation :A link to one or more videos of talks or conferences that have had a significant viewership
    -> Can i share Technical tutorial content in YouTube video ? , if so how many videos & views need to have for minimum crieteria

• Tech nation :An op-ed or news article that exemplifies thought leadership, evidence of mentorship.

• Evidence of mentorship (i.e. the sharing or teaching of skills and knowledge). Mentorship should have been done within an organised, structured and recognised mentoring scheme, which can be clearly demonstrated through evidence. Training a colleague or simply providing support or advice is not considered sufficient evidence for these criteria.

-> How many days of Training need to imparted to satisfy this criteria, what kind of documents can i submit to validate this evidence.
-> This Mentoring must be happened in last 5 years or can i submit documents prior to that also.

Optional_criteria 3 : * Letter from an employer wherever applicable. This is in addition to the required letters of endorsement and should to be written by another individual;

-> Can I submit reference letter from previous company colleague or to get from senior level
person ?
-> This reference letter is additional to 3 recommendation letters ?

Tech_nation :Employment contract with salary information including any bonus and equity options (although you will have to demonstrate how you have gone beyond your day-to-day activities to demonstrate that you have made a significant impact in the sector)

-> Can i submit my previous company salary certificate with Performance bonus data for this criteria ?

Kindly advice me.

With Regards,
N.Shailaja

Hi @shailaja_natarajan,

At the outset, let me tell that a lot of your questions follows a theme of “what is the minimum of X” and I don’t think that’s a useful line of thinking. From whatever I know from my experience as well as reading experiences of other candidates, TechNation panel looks at an application holistically. This means, for instance, that you could have 0 stackoverflow points but still get endorsed, as your profile is strong elsewhere.

Hence, you should take a look at your profile, be in stackoverflow or Youtube and make an assessment of whether you think this evidence will be considered ample by the panel. No one can give you a min-threshold number for that.

How many points or number of questions required in Stack overflow to meet this criteria ?

Read above.

Can i share Technical tutorial content in YouTube video ? , if so how many videos & views need to have for minimum crieteria

Yes, you can. For second part, read above.

Can I submit reference letter from previous company colleague or to get from senior level
person ?

Yes, for a reference letter, you can get it from a previous company colleague. All reference letters should be from people of good standing, i.e. relatively senior.

This reference letter is additional to 3 recommendation letters ?

Which letter are you talking about here?

Can i submit my previous company salary certificate with Performance bonus data for this criteria ?

Yes. If you are currently employed and have a good compensation there, then you can strengthen your case by presenting current compensation details too.

Hi @Shreeniwas_Iyer,
Thanks for your reply. I have raised these queries , to get others successful candidate experience. Now i got some clarity based on your response. Please clarify my question related to Optional criteria 3.

Optional_criteria 3 : * Letter from an employer wherever applicable. This is in addition to the required letters of endorsement and should to be written by another individual;

-> This reference letter is additional to 3 recommendation letters ?

With Regards,
N.Shailaja

Yes, it would be in addition to reference letters. This would be one of your 10 evidences.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @Shreeniwas_Iyer