Stage 1 Exceptional Talent Application Rejected [Re-applying] [Endorsed]

I am currently working on my OC1.

I am done with my Proof of Product in Market i made sure it wasn’t more than 3 pages document. This time i spoke more about why our product is innovative. Added. Screenshots from IOS and Android app stores, Product screenshots, Google analytic audience report showing over 700k page visits with a 25% bonce rate and revenue traction from Aug 2022 to Feb 2023

Question: I want to include another evidence document called financial projection, employment contract and incorporation document. But my concern is do i collapes everything into an external folder and use an explanation document instead. How best do you think i should approach this

I had an interview with Africa Business Insider in 2022. And was featured in their website leader section.
What category can i put it. MY Thought are to add this in Mandatory Category and call it Article From Business Insider or Just Interview Article

What does the interview all about? About a product you built?

Yes. It Spoke about my inspiration in starting/co-funding my company, challenges we faced and how we overcome them. How my previous experience from the first startup helped with my current experience, and what advice do i give young entrepreneurs
@alex_james

1 Like

Since you are a technical founder I think it would be easy to show code contributed to major open source projects from the past couple of years from Github, and your own projects. Gitlab private repo does not qualify as the contribution to Open source. Also most major projects are hosted on Github and you should select important projects where you have contributions with the links. Contribution to important or large open source projects alone is the evidence of taking the digital field forward. If you read the mandatory criteria on visa guide https://technation.io/visa-tech-nation-visa-guide/#exceptional-talent

They consider a programmer an exceptional talent even if you are working say in a non-profit or non tech organisation.

1. Technical applicants (i.e. programmers) from non-technical organisations are eligible.

Both Exceptional Talent and Exceptional Promise mentions similar criteria.

Exceptional Talent

• proof of recognition for work beyond the applicant’s occupation that contributes to the advancement of the field
    • they have made significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member or employee of a product-led digital technology company

and

Exceptional Promise

• at least 1 example of proof of recognition for work beyond the applicant’s occupation that contributes to the advancement of the field
    • at least 1 example of significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder or employee of a product-led digital technology company.

I think with a Normal High paying tech job and couple of yrs of GitHub contribution in major Open source projects alone one can easily prove this, I am going with this same thing. LOR and Salary slip are separate and just boost the main application in order to prove that you are a tech talent.

Unless LOR is from some top guy like the CEO of Important multimillion dollar startup where you worked. it will be of less value to prove your talent.

Maybe add you Stackoverflow profile showing the past few years of contribution to asking questions and answering questions on it will surely boost the application.

With these i think one should be able to easily prove they are actually a tech talent simple as that. If this works for me will let you know.

Hi! Can you please tell me where I can find the new application form?

@all… Thanks for your support. Re-applied and got endorsed today. Best news this Sunday.

9 Likes

@Mors_E Congratulations! Well deserved.

1 Like

Congratulations @Mors_E

1 Like

Congratulations. All the best with stage 2

1 Like

Congratulations. Goodluck with stage 2

1 Like

Congratulations, @Mors_E

1 Like

@Mors_E, congratulations on your endorsement.
Did you use this as evidence and where did you use it?

Congrats!! Well deserved! thanks for sharing the whole process. Your before/ after evidence list give me a good indication. Many thanks<3

2 Likes