Stage 1: Application advice

Hi All,
I have few queries, regarding my recommendation letters. I have 12 years of Experience as Process Automation lead in Energy sector , 2+ years Data science field . Totally i have worked for 2 companies.

1.Can i submit 2 recommendation letters from my Department Operation manager level (past employer ) in process automation domain , will it be consider as part of Digital technology.
2. The third recommendation letter from Digital Department head in Current startup company, where i am working as Machine learning engineer?
3. Can i furnish internal company hackathon certificate, Awarded as Finalist . Shall i consider it one of the evidence for my optional criteria.
4. For Evidence of Mentorship, can i submit working as coach in virtual events run by Non profit organization.

Please advice me

Do they work for digital technology company? Or do they work for a large organisations where Digitech is one of the branches and they are working in that branch? If any of these is true then answer is yes else no. Large organisations do have such structure. For example in India, Indian Railways has an entire branch to develop IT solutions for the railways. It has almost 200k employees working in various roles starting from software developer to technical director and also a sort of CEO at top.

Thanks for your reply . Yes, My past employer work in Digital technology in R& D division for Process Automation sector.

1.Can i submit 2 recommendation letters from my Department Operation manager level (past employer ) in process automation domain , will it be consider as part of Digital technology.

Try to get Letter from Chief, Head, Director word in the designation which will be higher chance for the acceptance

1. The third recommendation letter from Digital Department head in Current startup company, where i am working as Machine learning engineer?

Yes this will be good enough for you

1. Can i furnish internal company hackathon certificate, Awarded as Finalist . Shall i consider it one of the evidence for my optional criteria.

No, its clearly mentioned in the TN guideline that internal certificate and award are not acceptable.

1. For Evidence of Mentorship, can i submit working as coach in virtual events run by Non profit organization.

I recommend dont use this for your evidence. Read the whole requirements of mentorship.

I don’t think I agree with @jamal entirely.

I submitted both (a) internal certificate for IP - trade secret and (b) non-formal mentorship. The question is not whether you can submit them or not, but you are probably not going to get a lot of points for them. Your core application can’t be based on evidence like this. However, after submitting evidence that supports your core case, if you want to expand your case by adding evidence like this, there is nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

Hi Jamal,
Thanks for your valuable time & comments .
I will try to get letter from Chief level and collect my evidence outside organisation.

Hi Shreeniwas,
Thanks for your reply. Could u please provide me some comments on Query 1& 4.

On 1) I don’t know much about Process Automation. Hence I don’t know whether it will be considered Digital Technology or not. If you feel it is not relevant, then leave it out. If you feel that the letter from Department Operation Manager would be accretive to your case as a Digital Technology aspirant use it.

On 4) I have answered in previous comment. Please read it again.

Thanks for comments @Shreeniwas_Iyer

Hi @Shreeniwas_Iyer,

Can i get recommendation letter from commercial director of previous employer .
Please advice.

Would such a person be able to impress upon the skills that you are showcasing in your application? If so, yes. If not, then no.

Thanks for your reply @Shreeniwas_Iyer

Hi, @shailaja_natarajan I’d like to ask a question about hackathons. I attended many hackathons and I won some prizes. Most of them aren’t mentioned in any news but I have my photos holding my prizes on the stage. I wonder if it might be a piece of sufficient evidence. Do you have any cases like that? Did you provide any documents alongside the prizes?