Hi all! I’m a Digital Marketing Manager for a tech startup in Lagos, Nigeria. I am applying through the Exceptional Promise route and would want to ask for a review of my application.
Below is the evidence I have as of now, but I am open to any feedback and suggestions!
Letters of Recommendation
- CEO of my current company: This is from my current CEO and business leader, ex-big 4.
- Partner at a VC firm: He was my previous boss at one of the startups I worked at and is now a partner at a firm supporting early-stage investors.
- Founder of a tech talent company and ex-VC investor: He was the program director at a fellowship I was a part of.
- Salary evidence from my current job and previous job as well as equity document showing a high salary for my current role.
- Proof of leading marketing efforts: Proof and messaging source document I created to show that I led the marketing of a flagship product with a global payments company. Will also attach the successes as well as news clippings from announcing the partnership where I am mentioned.
- Published pieces in notable media - Articles around marketing and technology published in various media outlets.
Optional Criteria 2 (OC2)
- Proof of mentorship on structured platforms, a Google program and just open to other junior marketers in the fields - Screenshots of emails, calendar invites, reviews from mentees as well as letters from bodies confirming that I was a mentor on their program
- Speaking opportunities on panel sessions about marketing - Proof of speaking at Social Media Week, and various marketing conferences and stating the number of attendees on these calls and promotional materials for the speaking session as well.
- Proof of moderating sessions for smaller communities done on social media or Zoom etc
- An op-ed or news article that exemplifies thought leadership.
Optional Criteria 3 (OC3)
- Evidence of a strategy built for business development that improved retention - Screenshots of Slack conversations of spearheading the conversation, documents that show planning, link to a personal story and the impact (a look at the retention rate over the past year indicating growth)
- Evidence of a tool built as an additional feature - Screenshots of Slack conversations, documents that show planning, links to a personal story and results from the initiative.
- A document signed by the COO of the business with internal screenshots of the user base, revenue and profitability and how marketing efforts have driven this growth over the years
- Letter from direct team lead detailing significant contribution towards commercial success, opportunities and more.
I have a few other criteria but not sure where to keep them
- Features or spotlight by a notable media outlet
- Any screenshots of work conversations(slack, email) ideations, feedback, your bosses congratulating you for work accomplished
- Analytics dashboard of new users/traffic acquisition/clicks, digital growth, leads generated etc
I’d appreciate any feedback or advice that I can get.
Thank you all for the help!