First of all, thanks to everyone in the forum. All of your questions and answers have been really helpful so far. After reading 1.7K posts and 266 topics, I am ready to ask the golden question - Please review my Promise application.
- I have 8+ years of data engineering experience, but 3.5 years were in bespoke consulting, so I’m not considering that. Hence, I choose “promise” application.
- At Company 1, a digital product company, a unicorn in SEA, I was the first data engineer in the team (I was in Hong Kong).
- At Company 2, a digital product company, Series A in London, I was the first engineer in the data engineering team.
- My startup, I am the CTO, we raised pre-seed funding from one of the well-known VCs, which is also a part of the Fast Track option @ Technation.
- I also explained the contributions I will bring to the UK economy, etc. in Purpose statement
- Dealmaker for UK Government Global Entrepreneur Programme, Gobal Innovation Specialist, Serial Entreprenuer
- CEO and Founder of Company 2, Forbes 30 under 30
- Senior Manager / Head of Analytics in multiple digital product companies
MC1: Proof of Pre-seed investment of £120,000 in my new startup from a well known VC (Bank Statement + CapTable + ASA documents)
MC2: Referral letter from CTO/Co-Founder Company 2, he talks about how I was the founding member of the Data Team and hired and grew the team as the business grew. Implementation of scalable data warehouse structure and the how the platform has been able to process 110M data points. Added some evidence to support the letter
MC3: Accelerator acceptance letter
MC4: Webinar conducted with 120+ participants. Specialised in Data Engineering(2+ hrs) on Google BigQuery. Why was I asked to speak and how it advanced Data Engineering field. Showcased positive responses from participants
How do I demonstrate that I have a proven track record or examples of innovation in the digital technology sector as a founder or senior executive of a product-led digital technology company or an employee working in a new digital field or concept?
OC1 Document 1:
- Explanation of the innovation introduced at our startup, supported by product screenshots and GitHub code snippets.
- Discussion of our unique computer vision proposition.
- Outline of our ongoing commitment to innovation and staying at the forefront of technology.
OC1 Document 2:
- Company 1 contract, demonstrating that I received compensation significantly higher than the market average in Hong Kong, along with a relocation bonus.
- Comparison of my pay scale.
- Company 2 ESOP agreement.
OC1 Document 3:
- Reference letter from a partner at a venture capital firm, affirming the innovative nature of our product and their investment in my startup. It’s worth noting that this individual is also a former founder who successfully raised £12.5M for their previous startup.
How do I demonstrate that I have made significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member, or employee of a product-led digital technology company?
OC3 Document 1
- Founding data engineer at Company 2:
- I mention how I developed a scalable data platform that supported the business’s growth and delivered impactful results.
- Included a data architecture diagram.
- Provided the first few commits of the repository to substantiate my contributions.
- Presented a data size chart to showcase the scalability of the data warehouse design.
OC3 Document 2
In discussing my startup MVP, which involved piloting with users and securing funding based on the MVP, I have included:
- Code snippets.
- Product demos.
- A screenshot of the pitch deck, illustrating the pilot.
Does it look convincing enough? Any inputs are appreciated.