Rejected: GT Application - Help needed for Appeal/Review

@aqueue Do not take it too hard. Sometimes, it’s obvious that assessors do not take enough time to sift through the documents and understand the message behind each piece of evidence. As such, a solid candidate may be missed as a false negative.

That said, here are additional things that I think you can use to improve your submission (they are minute but can tip the scale in your favour)

1. Question: What is the main reason you have chosen to apply for the route of ‘Exceptional Talent’ (rather than Exceptional Promise)?

Answer: Exceptional Promise is for those who have less than 5 years of experience. I have been recognized as a leading talent in the digital technology sector and have invested more than 10 years. I have a proven record for innovation and significant impact as a senior employee of “three" product-led digital technology companies in “two” continents.

Remember, always shift the focus to what matters - why did you have to mention Exceptional Promise? So, WATCH this across all your documents. Language and tone are as important as the pieces of evidence.

2. MC - Item 4(d) shows evidence not about you and too-close-to-submission date evidence. Based on their feedback, you may want to only use the WEF program as a supporting document for OC1 and not a main evidence for MC. The key is to always CLEARLY indicate how each piece of evidence is about you.

You can also add current salary comparison as a standalone evidence across your roles.

I noted this bit "- How I volunteered my time, energy and expertise to guide the industry.
    " in item 3(a). Is it possible to make this as a standalone evidence for MC? For instance, if you have emails, letters, certificates, links to verify this impact.

3. OC1 - Numbers, statistics, metrics are good. In this case, it may be important to highlight early in your documents that you have consistently built innovative products in different entities and continents.
    a - Built blaaaa in Pakistan (showcased at the WEF in November 2023, personal interview with … (6K views, 2k likes and 30 mins watch time))
    b - Built blaa and bluu in the UK (high salary, equity offering etc.)

4. OC3, while I don’t see any problems with this, adding more numbers here would be helpful as well as in the letter(s) provided by referees. Remember the 10 million underprivileged individuals? This is where it would be very useful. More so, if it can be verified with snapshots and/or links.

I hope these help you further to put forward a stronger submission.

1 Like