Reference letter from immediate colleague

Hi everyone,

I saw in the tech nation guide that reference letters from immediate colleague, manager or friend are not sufficient.

Does it mean I cannot get a letter from my former head of unit or a former colleague who became a leader in my field?

I have no idea from whom I can get a letter except for my former colleagues and managers.

I am afraid this will be the weakest part of my application.

I would really appreciate any ideas and replies🙏

I think it would be better if you could get a recommendation letter from a well-known leader in product-led digital technology who knows your work. It is not necessary if you have not worked with them directly. You can use your former head unit as a reference in the 10 pieces of evidence you will be submitting.

1 Like

@Edg I think you can get a letter from your ex-manager if he is a leader in the digital space, in my application, one of my recommenders was the CTO of my previous product-led job. Although, my application came back rejected, however, no mention of my recommendation letters as the issue. Don’t know if this helps.

Let’s see what others say.

1 Like

When I applied I got 3 letters from my former manager, my colleague and my PhD advisor and they were accepted.

@Amira_Chalbi when was the date of your application?

Application date: 22 February 2023

1 Like

Thank you all for the replies.

You might find this video helpful: "Experts that know your work for 12 months": Huh? - YouTube

1 Like

Hey Everyone, Can the letter of recommendations be used as a mandatory or optional evidence? Thanks!