Recommender from employer more than 5 years ago

Hello, I’m aware that the 10 documents of evidence must be from the past 5 years of work, but can the recommendation letters be from previous employers you worked at slightly more than 5 years ago (6 years in my case)? I ask because each letter needs to be from a different organisation, but in order to do that I’ll have to go back a bit more in time where my recommender will talk about work I did back then. Wasn’t sure how strict this was and didn’t find clarification on the Recommendations area of Tech Nation. Thank you.

1 Like

As far as I know, there was no requirement how recently you worked with one of the recommenders.

Disclaimer:

• I don’t work for Tech Nation
  • I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice
3 Likes

I think more then 5 years was fine. My case ot was 7 to 8 yrs old employer was used in 10 document of evidence and it was successful.

As far as I can tell you the think that matters is what is jn the letter I mean the content and how its pusing you towards exceptional side.

Other thing to watch out is how is the profile of the person referring you or signing it.

Hope it helps

1 Like

As stated multiple times on Tech Nation website,

• You must provide evidence of any commercially successful established businesses, share ownership or businesses dissolved in the last 5 years where you have been a founder or senior executive.

Any activity you are providing as evidence of recognition should have occurred within the past 5 years.

You can demonstrate this by providing evidence of any genuine and significant product-led digital technology businesses you have established as a founder or senior executive which is currently active or has been dissolved in the last five years.

https://technation.io/visa-tech-nation-visa-guide/#mandatory-criteria

@Zamana, this is not exactly what I was asking–not about the 10 documents of evidence, but for the 3 recommendation letters.

From Alex and Pawan’s answers though it seems to be OK. Thank you very much

1 Like

@Melissa correct me if I am wrong but aren’t the 3 letters are part of the 10 documents of evidence one has to submit?

No, they are not part of 10 documents of evidence :slight_smile: Well, at least they weren’t.

1 Like

@zamana nope!

Hi @Alex_P, where is 16 coming from?

“Three letters of recommendation from three different well-established organisations acknowledged as experts in the digital technology field.”

and separately:

" Up to 10 pieces of evidence in relation to the relevant Eligibility Criteria:"

Tech Nation Visa Guide - Tech Nation

2 Likes

16 was typo, corrected :slight_smile:

1 Like

whew! gave me a scare there haha :slight_smile:

1 Like