Recommendation vs References

Hello,

Thanks to all the moderator for a great support system.

I have a few pending issues to resolve

1. Passport renewal delay: I have my old passport which is expired but I have applied for renewal. Should upload my old passport as a placeholder or just leave travel documents blank. I hope that wouldnt count against me.

2. To be save I’d like to check the structure and major differences between letter of reference and letter of recommendation. Can both adopt the same requirements as highlighted here

Each letter must:

• Be about your Global Talent application - you cannot use a letter that was written for another reason
  • Explain how the author knows the applicant; and
  • Knows the applicant’s achievements in the relevant field; and
  • How the author considers the applicant shows exceptional talent or promise; and
  • the contribution the applicant would make to the UK digital economy.
  1. Is it okay to get all 3 recommendations outside my home country and references within.
  2. Struggling to compress some of my evidences into 3 pages. Just checking is three A4 sides in length 3 or 6 pages?.

Thank you

1 Like
  1. You can use your current passport number.

2. Reference letters are often written as proof of evidence for a particular criteria. For instance if it is in support of the optional criteria 3, then the focus will be on your impact in a company. Reference letters for Mandatory criteria should also be based on Proving you have been recognised as a leader and their or 3or 4 pointers listed in the examples.

Thanks for the clarification.

For 3 single sides of A4 paper… does that mean both sides which amounts to six pages or one side which amount to 3 pages?

You gotta submit in pdf so its 3 pages only, nothing to do with both sides

Alright thanks @Rahul_Basu

All evidence and letters must not exceed 3pages.

1 Like

You can merge multiple page pdf into one page using this tool.
This is especially useful for reference letters you’re attaching on page 3 of your 3-page evidence.

1 Like

Interesting! Thanks so much for this tool. A life saver @May

Do you know of cases where the TechNation team reached out to Recommenders for feedback or for verification?

Also in case the LoRs are not digitally signed and perhaps signed by hand?

Any of you have had your recommenders being contacted?

PS: Wondering if that delays the decision time for application