Questions regarding the Exceptional Promise route

Hi, I have three questions regarding the Exceptional Promise route:

I was wondering whether working for a product-led tech company as a data scientist/analyst on a freelance contract can qualify one to apply for stage 1 Exceptional Promise? I have worked for them every month for one and a half years now.

Also, if I can’t quantify the impact of my work on their product-led business, although there has definitely been impact, can I still apply for the stage 1 Exceptional Promise? I have other projects outside of what I have done for them.

Lastly, I contribute to tech group discussions on Facebook, where I have helped people solve their coding problems in R and Gephi. I have even had one on one sessions with some of them, reviewed their code, and given recommendations. Are such contributions tenable for the stage 1 Exceptional Promise application?

I was wondering whether working for a product-led tech company as a data scientist/analyst on a freelance contract can qualify one to apply for stage 1 Exceptional Promise? I have worked for them every month for one and a half years now.

You need to satisfy at least three conditions as lied down in the visa guide. Here is a list of examples of evidence for each condition:
https://technation.io/visa-tech-nation-visa-guide/#mandatory-criteria

Also, if I can’t quantify the impact of my work on their product-led business, although there has definitely been impact, can I still apply for the stage 1 Exceptional Promise? I have other projects outside of what I have done for them.

You can see for example the sales before and after introducing the product you have worked on. Any traction points (customer number, satisfaction score, etc…) and got a letter from them certifying your claime.

Lastly, I contribute to tech group discussions on Facebook, where I have helped people solve their coding problems in R and Gephi. I have even had one on one sessions with some of them, reviewed their code, and given recommendations. Are such contributions tenable for the stage 1 Exceptional Promise application?

Not sure if this can be counted, but if you can get an email from the group leader (I assume she/he is a senior Facebook employee) saying that your contribution is a major one, then I guess you may use that as well.

Hope that helps… Good luck!

1 Like