Hello TN Community,
My TN application got rejected and I am in dire need of your help with my “Review” submission which follows the rejection. Here is a summary of my application:
- I applied of March 1st
- Received the Rejection on April 12
- Details of Startup 1 that I founded and still run as a CEO + Recurring revenue of approx 50,000 GBP monthly as of December 2022
- Startup 1 Joining a prestigious accelerator among hundreds of applicants
- Details of Startup 2 that I founded, managed as CEO and failed but had innovation
- Startup 2 winning a regional award as the most innovative pitch
- Publication about my Entrepreneurial journey in The Entrepreneur magazine
- Product management I conducted in my previous role while employed during my earlier years
7) Speaking at a physical conference which had more than 5,400 attendees
8) Speaking at a online conference which - figure of attendees not available but it was published in The Entrepreneur magazine
9) Details of my founding of Startup 1 (Licenses, Capital Raised (+1M GBP), Role, etc.)
10) In-depth outline of Startup 1’s technology (Screenshots of our platform and how the important features work).
Mandatory: the evidence the candidate has provided regarding Startup 1 and Startup 2 and the results and press regarding these businesses meet the requirements for Mandatory Criteria.
OC3: Startup 1 hasn’t generated a substantial sum in revenue since trading began over three years ago in 2019, the candidate’s efforts in raising private investment have been successful and effectively demonstrate the significant commercial and entrepreneurial contributions he has made to the field as a founder. The candidate meets the requirements for OC3
The panel discussions that the candidate participated in in terms of reach the talks had in terms of attendance or evidence of press coverage the panels received don’t effectively demonstrate how they contributed to the advancement of the Field. The Paid work the candidate, participated in has been disregarded, as this criterion asks for examples beyond the candidate’s occupation. We cannot award OC2.
As such, due to not awarding OC2, I was rejected.
I am now considering submitting a review with the following arguments:
- The conferences I spoke at had +100 attendees, were on the main stage, and were not paid for
Argument 2: I am wondering here if I can shuffle my evidences around in order to qualify for OC1 instead of OC2 which was rejected. My approach to do this would be to note out the following errors:
Error made by submitting the following evidences as Mandatory Criteria and not Optional Criteria:
Proof of product in market and associated traction through revenue: EVIDENCE 1- Startup 1 Revenue. Should have been submitted as evidence for OC1 and not Mandatory.
In addition, with regards to revenue, we made the error of not including the updated figures: New figure is 86,100 GBP recurring monthly which exceeds that of the founders salary (as opposed to the outdated figure of 50,000GBP reported)
Evidence of innovation/product development: EVIDENCE 10– Startup 1 Tech. Should have been submitted as evidence for OC1 and not OC3.
What do you guys think? Can I reclassify evidence as part of the submission review? And how do my chances look like?