Please review my exceptional promise route (business) application

Hi all,

I’m new to here and preparing my application for the Global Talent visa under the exceptional promise route (business). I’m at the first stage gathering my documents to meet the criteria of Tech Nation with tight time before my visa expires. Hoping to get some advice and help from you, all advice is welcome!

My background:

I’m a co-founder and CTO of a raw material trading startup which specializes in providing a B2B digital platform for digitizing the entire supply chain and the patent inventor of the platform. My partner and I started the company 2 years ago and we just got a seed funding some months ago.

Letter of Recommandation:

LOR1: Head of Supplier Payment at the Fintech department of an American corporation specialized in payment card services. The author is working in the office in my country.

LOR2: President of the stock exchange who manages an information technology company owned by the government of my country.

LOR3: CEO of a digital product agency from my country OR a senior manager of a British financial technology company. (The latter one is still not sure whether he can write a letter for me)

Question1: Considering my LOR1 and LOR2, is it good to have the CEO of a digital product agency as my LOR3? Is it sufficient that 3 authors are from my country but work for different companies?

MC1:

You led the marketing or business development at a product-led digital technology company, demonstrably enabling substantial revenue and/or customer growth or major commercial success, as evidenced by reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your work, senior global commercial executives inside the company and/or at company partners/customers, or similar evidence.

Evidence 1) A reference letter from my company’s investor who is a lead of the industry but non-tech industry. Describing how he recognized my company is a potential startup in leading digital technology, and how my patent of the B2B digital platform influences the whole industry trading which brings customers and revenue growth.

Question 2: Is it sufficient that my investor write a reference letter for me?

MC2:

You have received nationally or internationally recognised prizes or awards for excellence specifically in the digital technology sector, as evidenced by the award itself, reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your achievement, or as evidenced by news clippings or similar evidence.

Evidence2) My startup is awarded to participate in the Global Startup Program by my country’s Trade Agency that partners with a technology accelerator from the USA. They selected the best startup in my country. (acceptance email 2 pages)

Question 3: I’m not sure if this evidence is considered a reward to fit this example or I can just provide this evidence without matching the example?

MC3:

Published material in professional or major trade publications or major media about the applicant related to the applicant’s work in the digital technology sector. You must include the title, date and evidence that you are the author of such published material and any necessary translation.

Evidence3) A news clip written about my business and our digital B2B platform for the industry when we just started operating our business (published last December). Others online news clips are about the seed funding we got for our business (published this June).

MC4:

You command a high salary or other remuneration for your services, as evidenced by commercial or employment contracts with salary information including any bonus and equity options and history of earnings.

Evidence 4) Bank money-in transaction record as “salary” (right term would be revenue that I get from my company) sent from my company. Invoices generated for the “salary” which match the bank record (due to I am also a lawyer, I can only generate invoices to my company instead of getting a payslip like others). A report showing the salary average of my position downloaded from the National Institute of Statistics can prove my salary is higher than average.
P.S I wanted to show my contract including the “salary”+bonus but it’s a very long contract that would occupy all 3 pages even if I split it.

OC1:

Evidence for each business should include your last set of audited accounts, projections for current financial year and articles of association.

Evidence 5) Audited account of last year, projections for current financial year and article of association. I can provide all, however, the article of association is a notary act more than 100 pages in another language.

Question 4: Can I present the last set of audited accounts, projections for current financial year and articles of association as three pieces of evidence (max 9 pages) or it must be in one piece of evidence (max 3 pages)?

Question 5: Can I only translate some important sentences of the article of association and attach the hyperlink of the act (those shown in the like would not be English)?

Evidence of innovation/product development, proof of product in market and associated traction through revenue.

Evidence 6) A page of description of my digital B2B platform patent for my business plus 2 pages of the patent itself with verifiable ID on Google Patent. Including verifiable ID of another patent I have which is not related to the business in the description page.

Evidence 7) My company registration shows that it’s an innovative startup.

OC3 Business examples of a “significant contribution” include:

Having founded a successful product-led digital technology company or other organization and leading it

Evidence 8) My company registration includes the information of investment we got.

Evidence 9) We got a public tender which competes with other companies. To study a way to digitize information flow from private entities and public raw materials stock exchange.

Evidence 10) The valuation report of my company issued by a British company.

I tried my best to explain my case, let me know if there is something not explaining well. Please kindly review my application, thanks in advance.

Looking forward to getting feedback from you!

hello @Sandra82801

for mandatory, no it is not sufficient to have a reference letter only. also, its better to distribute the evidences among the criteria. so, for mandatory i would suggest having 3 or 4 evidences.

all evidences should not exceed 3 pages.

best of luck

Hi @Maya

Thank you for advices. For the reference letter, it’s only for MC1. However, I have Evidence234 are for MC234.

I will try to find other documents to add it MC1 to be more sufficient.

Thank you🙏🏻

1 Like