Please rate my profile for Stage 1 [Update: Received Endorsement]

Hi,

I am planning to apply as an exceptional talent and I would be happy if anyone could comment on my profile. I would also like to provide details if required.

Personal Docs:

1. Personal Statement (However, I would like to see what others answer “Why do you want to come to the UK?”)
  2. Personal CV detailing how I built core services at a travel company and built teams around those services

Recommendation Letters:

1. CEO of an Online Travel company where I worked for 8 years (my last title was Chief Software Architect)
  2. Senior Manager at the current company (I work as a Contract Principal Engineer, company provides Cloud Platform for Web Apps)
  3. Director of a UK company (he used to be IT consultant and infrastructure lead at the Online Travel company)

Mandatory criteria:

1. Recommendation Letter 1 (listed above) -> emphasizes on my leadership in projects that generate 8 figure USD revenue annually and recruiting engineers there, growing the company from a couple to over 50 engineers
  2. My shareholder agreement of Online Travel company
  3. High income salary (over $100k/y)
  4. Recommendation Letter 2 (listed above) -> emphasizes on my leadership, technical knowledge and mentorship of the team

Optional Criteria 1 (innovation):

1. Innovation 1: E-wallet that received grant from Governmental Research Council
    • I was the author and lead engineer for the project
    • As proof of my leadership in this project:
      1. I will get a letter from the Travel company about my contributions (Signed by CEO)
      2. I will include my git contributions clearly showing the number of lines I committed (however git repo is a closed source)
  2. Innovation 2: A complete SaaS solution for travel companies. This also received grant from Governmental Research Council
    • I was the author and lead engineer for this project too.
      1. I will get a letter from the Travel company about my contributions (Signed by CEO)
      2. I will include my git contributions clearly showing the number of lines I committed (however git repo is a closed source)
  3. Evidence of these innovations of their revenue and user traction (10 million visitors per month)
    • I am not sure if the company would like to share the revenue and user counts but I will try to get them like figures at least (like 8-figure USD revenue, over 10 million users roughly)

Optional Criteria 3 (impact):

1. A letter from the travel company stating the revenues from the project I built: flight booking system and payment gateway (Signed by Finance Director of travel company)
  2. Letter from COO of travel company highlighting the impact of innovations
  3. My salary + bonuses + benefits at the travel company

Thanks

4 Likes

Is it the same Travel company for all the evidence mentioning “Travel company”?
I mean the one where you have CEO , COO , Finance Director, etc all writing?

If so, I suspect you should probably use one letter from the Travel company (maybe only the CEO) ?

What about your other roles before this one? Do you have evidence from there? That could be useful to show a trend. (That you are an exceptional talent).

Also, a glance through your list didn’t show a lot of contribution outside your day to day job. If you check the guideline, you will see a lot of sections pointing to the fact that you may want to provide evidence outside this same work.
E -wallet one mentioned looks good. Hopefully it is not the same travel company evidence? Do you want to provide more around other things like this ?

I hope this helps?

Note: This is simply my opinion and not legal advice.

Thanks Bade for the reply. Yes I worked at the travel company for 8 years. It is a travel technology company that has over 10 million users monthly. The innovations above that I provided was in the same travel company. The innovations were outside my day to day job because I built it with a team separate from the product team. Later the projects were integrated with product to help customers with e-wallet and saas solution.

This travel company had 2 engineers when I joined. I was lead engineer and at the same time lead tech recruiter. In 8 years I onboarded 50 IT employees. We have a revenue of 8-figures GBP annually.

Thus my strongest contributions to products and leadership role was in this company.

Is there any reason not to provide multiple letters as evidence from same company?

I don’t imagine that different people in the same organisation will say something significantly different about you but I am not sure.

You want to show a track record and different perspectives all.pointing to you being an exceptional talent.

Have you worked with partners or vendors or advisors or investors or maybe even contractors or key customers. I assume they will be able to say something about you from a different perspective.
I would focus on getting this too.

Don’t forget that your recommender should be leaders in the field. Other people giving you reference letter do not have to be, but I would say it is safer to go with as high a profile as you can manage.

Are you a co-founder of this travel startup? Or are you an early employee? Do you have equity? Whichever way, I suggest that you provide evidence for the growth you were able to help achieve for the startup. You will need to show with documentary evidence that you were the key driver of that growth. This is key to your application.

I hope this helps.

Note: this is simply my opinion.

Thank you everyone in this forum. I applied for Stage 1 this morning and got endorsement letter in 8 hours with the above mentioned profile.

I am really excited to have received the response in such a short time. I will file for stage 2 tomorrow and will be getting help from your inputs in the forum folks. Thank you!

3 Likes

that was quick, huge congratulations @pont87 :+1:

2 Likes

Congratulations @pont87

Which country are you applying from? Specifically, the travel company you’ve worked is based out of UK or one of the developed countries?

1 Like

Which Profile did you finally go out of the options which you listed above?

1 Like

Thank you. The conpany is out of the UK. I am applying from Eastern Europe.

3 Likes

Those are all of the evidences I provided. I chose optional criteria 1 (innovation) and optional criteria 3 (impact) out of 4 that tech nation provides.

2 Likes

Congratulations @pont87. I am also about to apply - any specific pointers? Did you apply for exceptional talent or promise? My initial application for exceptional talent got rejected for lack of sufficient evidence which I have now included and plan to submit.

2 Likes
    2. I will include my git contributions clearly showing the number of lines I committed (however git repo is a closed source)//

@pont87
Did you combine the letter with proof of git contributions in the same file or in different files?

1 Like

Thanks. I applied for exceptional talent. My initial application was declined too because my evidences were too shallow in detail. Second time I included more reference letters for Innovation and Impact with details of the project, who worked, my role and leadership, schemas and diagrams and git commit screenshots. So gather your evidences with as much detail as possible but mind the page limits.

2 Likes

Yes, basically the innovation letter from CEO was 2 pages. So I put two screenshots in a last page that showed my git commit history to and ss of the project from scientific council’s public page. In total, the document was 3 PDF pages

1 Like

Okay thank you for this.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your response. I am doing the same thing regarding getting more references and much more solid proof.

1 Like

Huge Congratulations : :+1:t5:

3 Likes

Hello

I have worked for three tech hubs that have partnered with Google, Facebook to provide Digital marketing trainings and services for entrepreneurs , they enroll for Google and Facebook courses using our company link and learn how to boost their businesses using tech.
We also carried out the Google my business project and listed and verified businesses on Google.
So I want to know if I am eligible to apply for the Global promise route.

Thanks and please reply

1 Like

Congratulations ! :innocent:

@pont87 congratulations on your endorsement and good luck as you start your move! Would you be able to take a conversation off line about your application? I would love to learn a bit more. Thank you!