Hi there, I am looking for feedback on my Exceptional Talent application. I have been working in the field of Datascience for around 5 years. I did my bachelors in Electrionics and Communication in India with a minor in mathematics. Post bachelors I finished my masters focused on data science and image processing from one of top 15 engineering schools in the USA . I have been working with innovative US startups in the field of computer vision. I was one of the core data scientists for a SeedA startup bridging using computer vision and food safety. It was their text book digital technology company.
Post its acquisition by a larger startup which is in the field of food technology, I joined their data science team. This is where I contributed to 3 computer vision based patents that have been filed and published recently (not granted yet) . Their patent application can be verified in google patents. I was product lead for one of the patents. They were instrumental in contributing to my company’s efforts to be forerunner in its field of food technology.
Following my passion to contribute to the field without the hurdles of immigration laws, I moved to the UK to pursue Senior Machine learning engineer role at UK based employer. I want to apply for Global Talent Visa as this would help to offer freelance consultancy to upcoming companies and startups. I strongly believe my strong technical and life experience would bring value to the UK tech sector.
- CTO of a Series B startup currently and has worked as engineering leader for 20 years. I reported to him for 8 months and we continued to stay in touch for the last 4 years. (I am concerned about 12 month clause)
- Director of Software Engineering at Series E startup : He has helped manage the successful deployment of 100’s of commercial facing deliveries in last 20 plus year. I briefly reported to him and he was also my skip manager for 2 years.
- Product tech lead at Google X leading leading an early-stage protein design project. They were cofounder of my previous startup and founded 3 UK startups. They were cofunder of my first startup and they have around 7 years experience of leading machine learning computer vision projects.
Legends to help you amazing people understand
Startup A: My first company (Series A) . A digital technology company.
Startup B : My previous employeer (Series E). A food technology company that used digital technology (Computer vision) innovatively (as evident by multiple patents) but not their core product.
- Evidence 1: You led the growth of a product-led digital technology company, product, or team inside a digital technology company:
- Verifiable Google Patent link for the published patent I was the product lead at Startup B.
- Abstract discussion on technical contribution by using high level diagrams.
- Letter from Associate Director of Data Science at Series E startup highlighing my innovations : He was a senior member of my data science team and I reported to him for around 2 months but we have worked with each other for around 3 years. He was co-inventor in my patents.(My recommendation/reference letter would also mention this)
- Evidence 2: You command a high salary or other remuneration for your services, as evidenced by commercial or employment contracts with salary information including any bonus and equity options and history of earnings.
- Employment contracts with from current UK company.
- Screenshot of UK Home Office National Statistics showing between 75 and 90% percentile of pre-tax income
- Evidence 3 (Optional): You have held or hold a significant expert role participating on panels, or individually, assessing the work of others in the same field or a field of specialisation related to the digital technology sector.
- I have just been accepted to be part of panel discussion of one of UK largest Tech event. I am keeping this evidence on hold. It is about interacting with younger generation welcoming them in tech.
- I have previous experiences of contributing by speaking at smaller lighting talks (less than 100 audience) and volunteering periodically at global non-profit organization dedicated to inspiring women to excel in technology careers (I helped the team to organize a machine learning series but there were 12 others). I have been volunteering periodically but haven’t done work to stand out.
- Evidence 3: Evidence of innovation/product development, proof of product in market and associated traction through revenue.
- Verifiable Google Patent link of two other published patents - highlighting innovation in the field of food technology using computer vision at Startup B.
- Evidence 4: Evidence of employment contract with salary information including any bonus and equity options and history of earnings.
- Evidence of employment contract with salary information and pay increase by showing pay checks at Startup B.
- Evidence 5 : Letter from an employer wherever applicable.
- This is in addition to the required letters of endorsement and should be written by another individual;
- Re-use the Assistant director letter from Startup B here.
- Having worked as a key engineer in the core product of a start-up, showing evidence as to how you have contributed to its success.
- Evidence 6 : I could provide press releases how technical product which I contributed to (referring to the CEO letter) helped in the acquisition of Startup A.
- Evidence 7: Employment contract with salary information including any bonus and equity options (although you will have to demonstrate how you have made a significant impact in the sector beyond your day-to-day activities);
- I will share the employment contract of Startup A.