You bet . I am sharing my feedback from within this thread please bare with me .
I’ll structure this in docs provided then the assessor’s take on them
1 LOR from CEO of my current company
2 LOR from CTO of my current company
3 LOR from Director of Engineer of my last company
all the above letter strictly answered the following questions :
- Be about your Global Talent application
- Explain how the author knows the applicant; and
- Knows the applicant’s achievements in the relevant field; and
- How the author considers the applicant shows exceptional talent or promise; and
- the contribution the applicant would make to the UK digital economy.
Mandatory critieria :
- You led the growth of a product-led digital technology company, product or team inside a digital technology company …, provided the following :
- recommendation letter (From CTO) , that speaks of how my contributions (More on this later ) grew revenue by 3% at the company
- I provided screenshots of my contributions in Panaesha capital code bases
- Provided proof of high earnings that put me in the 10% percentile in the local industry in form of Employment contracts and also links to resources that explain how my salary is comparatively high
*assessment : *
He has submitted several letters of recommendation. These are relatively generic and are so brief that
they provide little detail about the applicant. None of them explain why the applicant is exceptional or
has the potential to be a leading talent. None of the referees would be considered to be exceptional
talents themselves. The applicant has not achieved any recognition of significance in Rwanda or
elsewhere. He has also provided copies of his employment contracts and bank statements; none of
these demonstrate that he has the potential to be a leading talent. A salary that is higher than the
average does not imply exceptional promise; it is simply a reflection of the market rate for someone with
the skills and experience of the applicant.
An excerpt from one of my letters of Recommendation
RE: Recommendation of Orchide Irakoze to tech nation endorsement for Global talent visa
I’ve known Orchide from Panaesha capital , where we’ve collaborated on various projects that maintained and improved our cryptocurrency exchange platform .
He led initiatives that improved the platform , like creating Bots that integrated our platform with Binance and the development of our new Brokerage system which drove company revenue up by 3% .
Orchide has exhibited knowledge of Software development beyond the application layer by developing a distributed cache system to improve our Standalone Redis system which helped us greatly reduce our latency by 100ms , a huge improvement in high frequency trading.
All Throughout Orchide demonstrated the potential of becoming a good engineering professional , I have no doubts that going to the UK would only propel his impact further .
Orchide’s knowledge would be of great use to the UK tech sector which is in great need of tech professional like him that will propel the industry forward . his engineering capabilities would benefit any company or even help create opportunities for others if put at creation of businesses.
Optional Criteria 2
- Provided proof of my contributions in setting up internal tech systems and structures of a local tech startup , in form of Screen shots of lines of codes in a colaborated github project , and a recommendation letter from the Co-founder stipulating what i worked on and how it helped the company , this was all done outside my full time employment
- Provided my stack overflow profile with over 7K views
The applicant has
provided a reference letter from someone who appears to have co-founded a company, Irebero, with
the applicant. This reference letter is also weak - it talks about the applicant’s hiring ability and his love
and dedication of technology, and the work they did together to start this venture. However, this is a
technology venture and given the applicant’s background not something outside of his main occupation
or field of work.
my stackoverflow profile seems to have been not even looked at
Optional Criteria 3
- provided two employment contracts
- provided screenshots of Lines of code and commit history at my current job that show a steady progression of commit history in the last two years or so
indent preformatted text by 4 spaces
The applicant has said that he has made significant contributions to GitHub
and Stack Overflow. His contributions are quite limited with very little external recognition, and he hasn’t
explained how these contributions are technically significant. No other evidence has been provided.
I am sorry it’s a very long post but i just wanted to give insight . i consider some of the assessment to be comically contradictory to the tech nation guide , ie High salary requirements , out of main occupation requirements , and the recommendation letter requirements . feel free to advise , i’ve already filled my review form