Please help and review my application

Hi everyone. I am Max, I have a big experience in Product management (8 years). I have been Head of product, and lead product manager in 3 startups. I have developer experience.

I think I have a stronger CV and stronger mandatory criteria. I could create strong Optional 1 criteria (Innovation) and Optional 3 criteria (Contribution). But someone told me I have to add Optional 2 criteria (Recognitions) but I don’t have any idea how I can do it. In all my experience I was focused on hard-working and didn’t do some recognition stuff.

Please, would you be so kind as to take a look at my application strategy and the following list of evidence

Personal statement:
I started as a developer in one innovations product in Russia. I and my team got patents. Then I move to a product role. I led 2 product teams. The product had a problem - we lost 200k every month and I fix it. We got a profit 20k per month. Describing how to do that. My team got 2 patents. We raised money. We raised more money in ICO and build a Decentralized platform. And join to top 1 accelerator in Russia. so the company was sold.

Then I joined the second startup (US). I improve many metrics (tell more about it). I describe how. The startup raised money and joined Y Combinator

Then I joined the third startup (UK). I designed and launched some AI products(tell more about it). I describe how. This startup joined Techstars.

About my plans in the UK: I want to continue working in innovative startups as Head of product and launch my own startup.

Recommendation letters:
Latter 1:

(focus on Contribution and Innovation in the first startup)
CEO of the first startup. Describe how I helped him to sell his startup. How my work helps improve metrics and make money. Describe how I can work with developers on innovative products. About my initiatives and my product skills. My contributions to product and ICO.
(this letter from mandatory criteria)

Latter 2:

(focus on Contribution and Innovation in the first startup)
CEO of one startup. We worked together before the first startup. then we have been in the accelerator together. He describe my skills and contribution to my products and how I helped him as a consultant.

Latter 3:

(focus on Contribution and Innovation in the third startup)
Head of growth in the third startup. Describe how I can work with developers on innovative products. How I designed and launched new innovations in AI products. and how I contribute to the growth of startups.

Mandatory criteria:

1. A document explaining how innovative technology works in the first startup and about my contributions and why it is an innovative product.
  2. A document about Confirmations significant growth during my tenure in the first startup. Attached: charts (revenue, conversion, AU), schemes, explanations, and articles in media about the product.
    (too big, I can split it into 2 evidence)
  3. Media presence. about the first startup: raising, and startup sale
  4. A document about how I organized the 2 meetups (sorry I don’t like this evidence)

Optional criteria 1 (Innovation):

1. A document about my team’s patents and my patents + CTO latter. The letter from CTO of the first startup. Describe how I can work with developers on innovative products and how I help team to get patents and how I got my patent. + attached 2 patents of my team + my one patent
  2. A document about innovation AI algorithms in the third startup + Head of Data Saitest letter. The letter from Head of Data Saitest of the third startup. Describe how I can work with developers on innovative products, Describe what new AI technology we used. + how it works + articles about product.
  3. Evidence of innovations Decentralized Platform. Describe how it works + articles about product.

Optional criteria 3 (Innovation):

1. Contribution to the second startup. Attached: charts (revenue, conversion, AU), schemes, explanations, and articles in media about the product
    (too big, I can split it into 2 evidence)
    (unfortunately, I don’t have a good relationship with C-level so I don’t have recommendations letters from this team)
  2. Contribution to the third startup. Attached: charts (revenue, conversion, AU), schemes, explanations, and articles in media about the product.
  3. Contribution ICO the first startup. Attached: charts (revenue, conversion, AU), schemes, explanations, and articles in media about the product.
  4. Employment Contracts
    (Reserve evidence)

Any tips or critics will be much appreciated

All the best

You recommendation letters should explain how the author knows the applicant; and

• Knows the applicant’s achievements in the relevant field; and
  • How the author considers the applicant shows exceptional talent or promise; and
  • the contribution the applicant would make to the UK digital economy.

Mentioning you skill in the recommendation letter is not enough, the letters should capture the points listed above.

if you select Optional criteria 1 & 3, you don’t need to add evidence for OC2.

where you mentioned in the media done for the product release?
for OC3, are you providing employer reference letter to confirm your impact?

1 Like

About recommendation letters
My recommendation letters will have

• how the author knows me and knows my achievements
  • and my contribution to products

OC3

are you providing employer reference letter to confirm your impact

yes but except for one of the 3

if you select Optional criteria 1 & 3, you don’t need to add evidence for OC2.

thank you

where you mentioned in the media done for the product release?

sorry I don’t get it

Please when you say emoloyer letter, do you mean reference letter from a senior executive of a company

I intend to go for OC1 and OC3, and for OC3, I’m looking to use a reference letter from the CFO of the company, showing my impact and how my contribution has impacted the product in terms of revenue

1 Like

Please, could someone also help look at mine here: Help rank my profile -- Exceptional Talent / Promise?