Please comment on my (ready-to-submit) application for exceptional promise

Hi @Sajjad_Bagheri_Baba, Great that you are applying for the GTV.

Few concerns related to your evidences:

LORs - 3 LORs are from academia. I would suggest you to choose more people from the industry for your LORs rather than from academia to support your case. In my case, I chose the academic for my LOR who has also cofounded companies that have successful exits (so, he will still be considered from the industry rather than in academia). As TN GTV guidelines specify that the LORs need to be from industry leaders and should be from different institutes as well. Try to arrange LORs from such people.

1- Teaching at University - GTV case officer might not accept this as an evidence for endorsement. For example, I have seen cases here where people has used their lecturing position to show mentorship/leadership in their sector. However, as being an academic in an University is considered as a job, hence, the evidence don’t show that you have mentored or shown leadership outside your day-to-day working activity (as per TN GTV guidelines). When I applied for my GTV I was a lecturer in a UK University and a Chair Professor in an Indian University but for the said reason I did not provide evidences related to it. Instead, show a different evidence, maybe focused on the Android app or shopping website that you have developed. Show metrics to show how these technologies are positively affecting people’s lives. For example, I wanted to cofound the company in the UK based on the mobile app that I have created to reduce food waste. I have focused on showing metrics how my app was changing people’s lives. Showed metrics such as number of downloads, the amount of food saved, amount of carbon emissions reduced, monthly usage, etc. Also showed news clippings on the app to show its effect in the society.

7- Scholarship - I would also refrain showing this as you have already shown evidences through publications, public talks and research endorsement to prove the OC criteria. Showing scholarship might be an overkill for the OC criteria and GTV case officer might say that you have provided a lot of evidences in the OC criteria but not in Mandatory Evidence criteria. So, may be you can use a different evidence that shows your Mandatory Evidence criteria to make your evidences more balanced. For example, I did my PhD with scholarship as well but I chose not to show that as I wanted my application to be balanced in all Mandatory Evidence and OCs criteria.

8- Contributions - This could be considered as very important evidence for your application. So, I would suggest that if you could break this into 2 and show evidences and metrics to prove that you have created and grown tech products that are effectively changing lives of others. Please refer to the tech contributions that I have mentioned above.

If it helps, have a look at how I have arranged my evidences for GTV endorsement: This is how I got my Endorsement for Global Talent Visa under Exceptional Talent Route (AI/ML Researcher)
I tried to use evidences to show that I am already a leader in the tech sector and keep my evidences well balanced in al Mandatory and OC criteria. Though I have academic evidences but I only showed them for the OC criteria whereas I have focused most of my other evidences on my tech contributions in the tech sector.

P.S. @Francisca_Chiedu and @May have also made great points. Please do keep them in mind as well.

2 Likes