Personal Statement: What is your planned occupation in the UK?

I am not an entrepreneur and I do not have a startup idea.

My work experience is working in a Multinational digital product-led company for 8 years.

I saw a lot of people and also those visa ambassadors, who are entrepreneur, who said: They want to start up a company in the UK.

Is that what Tech Nation want? If I say: I want to work in multinational company in the UK, it is not strong enough.

@Francisca_Chiedu
Any advices please?

I like this. It seems everyone has to have a startup idea or be an entrepreneur. Not true. Mostly true for TN though.

My understanding of the TN guide is that TN leans towards startup type of companies and experience. Take a look at this from the guide:

Useful Definitions

Single definition of “Digital technology sector” and “product-led”:

The “digital technology sector” or “product-led digital technology companies” are defined as businesses that provide a proprietary digital technical service/product/platform/hardware as their primary revenue source. The creation of software, processing/storage of data, or the creation/application of technical computing hardware is often a central aspect of their business model.

[This excludes general consultancies, outsourcing and technology-related consultancy groups focused on process/service delivery or solutions/systems architecture. Such firms do not meet the guidelines, particularly those primarily serving large corporate or multinational corporate (MNC) customers.

Work at specific agencies may be considered if the agencies are extremely focused on product innovation in a specific industry and are well-recognized for their contributions to that industry.]

I think the key thing to consider is if the company is digital product-led or not. “Multinational” doesn’t necessarily mean “a large service-based consultancy with presence in different countries”. It could also mean “a digital product-led company with presence in more than one country”

Not sure if I’ve answered your question but this is just my opinion and I am not speaking on behalf of TN.

Thanks for your explanation.

Sorry, my previous company is definitely a " product-led digital technology company and also a multinational company. Not a consultancy company.

So for my plan in the UK, do I have to start up a company as a plan to get a higher chance of acceptance?

I don’t think so. In this case the most important thing will be the skills you’ll bring and probably where you can apply them doing things similar to what you’ve done with them in the last 5 years.