Letter of consent from university to continue studies

Dear all,

I am currently in the process of applying for stage 2 and would like to address a specific question on the online application form. As an individual holding a valid student visa until January 2024, I have encountered the following inquiry:

“Are you currently receiving money from an official financial sponsor or have you received money from an official financial sponsor in the last 12 months?”

The term “official sponsor” is defined as follows:

“Examples of an official financial sponsor include the UK Government or your home government, a university, or an international company or organization. Examples of support may include a scholarship, internship, fellowship, or training program.”

In my particular case, my Ph.D. studies receive partial funding from my current university in the UK. They contribute £3000 towards my tuition fees and also cover my living expenses. I have received an installment within the past year. My question pertains to whether this arrangement qualifies as an official financial sponsorship. I have received conflicting advice on this matter, with some affirming its status as an official financial sponsorship, while others argue against it. Consequently, I find myself in a state of confusion.

Furthermore, if I were to answer “yes” to the aforementioned question, I would be required to provide:

"A letter from my current or previous official financial sponsor confirming their permission for me to continue my studies in the UK. "

Regrettably, my university is unfamiliar with this document, as they lack experience with the Graduate Route (GTV).

I kindly request assistance in clarifying this matter.


1 Like

Hi @Issam

I would love to learn more about your experience as I am in a similar case, but I won a “Prestigious” UNESCO prize that is on the Global Talent List. iI am a 3rd year PhD student who will probably go for a 4th. My funding is split between my university paying tuition fees and a foundation covering living expenses. How did you manage that question in your application?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Hi Issam,

I think they qualify as a sponsor as you must have put that in your previous visa for tuition when applying for CAS. The document should just state that they are aware you are switching visa roles and they do not object to your continuous stay in the UK.

Thank you.

Hello @C91 !

I hope you are doing well.
What do you think about my case?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Hi @Eve I think you need to get those letters just as was said on this thread Global talent, endorsed funder, ktp associate - #3 by Eve


Thank you very much for your help