Kindly help review my documents - Product Design

Hello everyone,

I’ve been working on putting my pieces of evidence together for GTV, to apply for Exceptional Promise. Kindly help provide feedback on my evidence list. Thank you as you help review.

A little background about me
I’m a product designer with 3years of professional experience, designing for both mobile apps, web apps, and websites.

LoRs
Getting recommendation letters from 3 CEOs I’ve worked with including the current company I work at

Mandatory Criteria:

• Evidence I Led The Design Team of a Product Led Digital Tech Company: spoke about my work and the impact of my designs, the conversion rate, and the results experienced. Show proof of my work as a lead designer at my current company, slack conversation, Figma screenshots,

• Evidence I’m Recognized as a leading talent in the digital technology sector: I command a high salary as a product designer with over 80% increase above the expected salary of a product designer, showing my letter of appointment, 2-month pay slip and also glassdoor screenshot of a product designer salary.

• Evidence of my contribution to leading product development at a product-led digital company-: spoke about my work designing a gaming platform that is been used by thousands of users and the impact of my designs, which helped the company get to techstars23, the conversion rate and result experienced. Show proof of my work as a lead designer at my current company, slack conversation, Figma screenshots,

Reference letter from my CEO of the company

**Optional Criteria 02

• Evidence showing I have gone beyond my day-to-day to contribute to the advancement of the sector: Spoke about the boot camp where I mentored female young designers from over 52 countries for an NGO company on their design skills and career. Spoke about how I was the lead design Instructor, spoke about my role in setting up the curriculum, and actively mentored. Evidenced by email inviting me to a mentor, Google Meet invites to meetings, screenshots of slides (showing my contributions) with recognition badge

• Evidence showing I have gone beyond my day-to-day to contribute to the advancement of the sector: Spoke on Twitter space as a special guest on product design, with over 100 listeners, a flier to that effect, and an email to which I was invited

• Evidence showing I have gone beyond my day-to-day to contribute to the advancement of the sector: My website where I have articles written by me and a book written by me which is free and over 1,500 downloads

Reference letter from the CEO of the NGO

Optional Criteria 03 (significant contribution)

• Evidence showing my contribution to a fintech company in Nigeria: where I contributed to the company by designing the product showing screenshots from Figma, slack conversations

• Reference letter from the CEO

How strong do you think my evidence is for my application?

Looking forward to your feedback, thank you in advance.
@alexnk @Francisca_Chiedu @Amara_O

Hi @Adeola

Your LORs look strong. Ensure what they write highlights “your” contributions & impact specifically.

MC looks good.

OC2: can be strengthened.

• can you also add a short support letter from someone you worked with at the NGO as part of the first evidence? A validation may strengthen it.
  • can you add any testimonials or feedback from attendees on how your mentorship helped them or perhaps the invitee summarizing your mentorship impact on the mentees?
  • was it only one speaking session or a structured mentorship that ran over a certain duration? The latter is more preferred.
  • Do your website articles have audience engagement? I read a rejection few days back where the applicant had shown social channel posts without any engagement and the home office feedback pointed it out.

OC3: can be strengthened.

• ensure you also include the impact of the product you designed. Impact specifically based on your contribution.
  • is this reference letter separate from the LOR you are providing? If not, it won’t be counted as evidence document. Can you get another letter from this startup as a support letter to evidence in this criteria?
  • you may want to think of an additional evidence for this criteria as it looks like just one evidence document as of now (considering the reference letter will go under LOR).

@pahuja Thank you very much.

I will add a short support letter, testimonials, and feedback. it is a structured mentorship of 3 months

1 Like

The reference letter is different from the LOR I’m providing. I will work on more pieces of evidence for this category.

I actually have another fintech company i worked with, i will add that to it

1 Like