Hello! Here is what I am looking to submit to tech nation(Global Promise).
So looking forward to your feedback
Documented Evidence for UK Global Talent Visa for endorsement by Tech Nation
- 3 INDUSTRY RECOMMENDATION LETTERS:
- Letter from an Engineering Lead from a previous company I worked with.
- Letter from my current Head of Engineering for a US-based company
- Letter from CTO from my previous company, he has moved on to another company and holds the “Head of Entrepreneur Support” title
- PERSONAL STATEMENT
- PROFESSIONAL RESUME
10 pieces of evidence
MANDATORY CRITERIA: How do I demonstrate that I have been recognized as (or recognized as having the potential to be) a leading talent in the digital technology sector?
- You command a high salary or other remuneration for your services, as evidenced by commercial or employment contracts with salary information including any bonus and equity options and history of earnings.
- My Contract Letter with salary information of above $40,000 Annual Gross compared with salary data of highest earning Software Engineering roles in Nigeria which was less than $18,000
- You led the growth of a product-led digital technology company, product or team inside a digital technology company, as evidenced by reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your work, or as evidenced by news clippings, lines of code from public repos or similar evidence.
- Letter of Recommendation from my Engineering Manager at work
- Supporting evidence to show code contribution
- You have received nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence specifically in the digital technology sector, as evidenced by the award itself, reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your achievement, or as evidenced by news clippings or similar evidence.
- Attached mail evidence I got from AWS for a grant scholarship I won
- Listing reason why I was chosen, my impact on the community, local and global as well as my content creation for the cloud and potential leadership in the cloud space
- Supporting evidence of a letter by AWS to my country’s embassy to allow me to visit and attend a conference all-expense paid
OPTIONAL CRITERIA 2: How do I demonstrate that I have been recognized for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector?
- Evidence of my talks
- One physical one, showing the attendees, its relevance in the tech ecosystem, my expertise
- Three Virtual but international talks(2 recorded with links) where I explained why I was chosen and its impact on the various countries’ tech ecosystem
- Certifications after the talks, links to talk pages(if still up), the poster of the event, and also to show the caliber of speakers
- Your Stack Overflow profile shows a significant contribution to discussions around code
- StackExchange contributions with 101k+ reach, multiple badges(Gold, Silver, bronze), and my reputation(around 1300).
- I have a wide gap though in my contribution as I didn’t contribute to answers with 2021 and early and mid-2022
- Have up to 10 forks, and has full features for anyone to even start up their e-commerce ordering company with.
- I have a drop though in my contribution on GitHub this year as I wasn’t active there but on other git platforms due to work, hence not sure if I should show them this year’s profile, last years is strong though
PS: all of these documents were put together in 3 pages and submitted as one document.
OPTIONAL CRITERIA 3: How do I demonstrate that I have made significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member, or employee of a product-led digital technology company?
- Documentation on product designs or architecture diagrams clearly showing your contribution.
- Showed my contribution towards the system design and architecture of the various products I manage(via RFC, event-driven architecture docs)
- Curation of history, contribution to documents as well as stating my overall impact in starting most of the documentation, owning it, and contributing to about 80% of most of the architectural documentation
- Letter from an employer wherever applicable. This is in addition to the required letters of endorsement and should be written by another individual;
- Reference letter from my Engineering Manager on my impact on the team and company product(Used it for an MCC)
- GitHub account that contains lines of code clearly showing your continuing contribution.
- Showed pictorial evidence of my contribution to the codebase, via, commits, and Merge Request and explained my role in the team and how it enabled overall success (All within 3 pages of the single document) (Another Git Platform)
- Employment contract with salary information including any bonus and equity options (although you will have to demonstrate how you have made a significant impact in the sector beyond your day-to-day activities);
- Pictorial evidence of my employment contract, also explained why I was brought into the team and the issue they had, and how I solved them