Just submitted my stage 1 endorsement application but now confused

Hi All,

First off, after being on the forum for almost 1 year I finally got the courage to apply for the Global Talent Visa and just submitted my application. Would like to thank some of the regular contributors here (and Tech Nation Visa Alumni) including @Francisca_Chiedu @goonjanmall @Bubun to name a few.

After submitting my application for Stage 1 endorsement I have 2 questions now as follows.

1. I received the following confirmation from
    noreply@visas-immigration.service.gov.uk (partial image of the email)

My question based on the email (screenshot) is that I was under the assumption that after I apply for endorsement on UKVI’s website I just need to apply for the documents upload/visa application on the Tech Nation visa website and then wait for the result. But now it seems like I have to use the document checklist and provide my fingerprints and a photo of my face. Has the process changed recently? Or do I just wait till I get a response on endorsement from the Tech Nation?

1. Under the digital technology route it seems like the criteria for GTE 7.5. as stated in https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-global-talent is mandatory, which states:
    GTE 7.5. An applicant must provide evidence of any commercially successful established businesses, share ownership or businesses dissolved in the last 5 years where the applicant has been a founder or senior executive.

Is the above statement mandatory as I have seen several Tech Nation Visa alumni not having prior businesses? Or am I over-interpreting?

For 1, thats for your biometrics after you have been endorsed, not now

@Labsky Thank you for your reply. So, I don’t have to worry about 1 nor i have to send any further documents to UKRI as part of Stage 1 endorsement till I receive an answer on my endorsement?

No. Once you have uploaded /sent your supporting documents, you will receive an email that documents have been forwarded to Tech Nation. And then you wait till you get endorsed. From there the Home Office will provide new information on how to move forward

1 Like

@Labsky I only got this confirmation for now from the Tech Nation (shown in the screenshot image below). Is this what you got as well? (I mean is this the norm?)

I am not sure of the process you followed. Are you applying under digital technology or research? I am not sure why UKRI is part of your application.

Stage 1 has nothing to do with biometric unless you are applying for stage 1 and 2 at the same time.

The sequence is pay for your endorsement via gov.uk using the link for endorsement. After paying 456 pounds, you will get a reference number. You the go to tech nation assessment website to upload your evidence using the reference numbers from home office to link your application. Is this what you did?

I’m suspecting that during your application, you chose the option of applying for both stage 1 and 2 at the same time. If this is the case, I’m not sure how to go about the rectification.

Ideally you’re supposed to apply for them one after the other.

@4rmSlum2uk Thanks for your reply, I distinctly remember choosing one after the other and not both at the same time. :frowning:
That’s why I am also surprised as to what changed.

@Francisca_Chiedu I apologies for the confusion. I meant UKVI (gov.uk) not UKRI. I have updated that on the question as well. I have applied for the application on gov.uk website and then after payment I used the reference number on the Tech Nation visa application to upload the evidence documents.

However, from Tech Nation I received the above confirmation and from gov.uk I got the above confirmation as mentioned in the original post (question).

@4rmSlum2uk Hi Tunde, thank you for your reply on this, But I have chosen to apply separately as shown in the screenshot of my application.

1 Like

@sb.fitz Hi Stacey, thank you for confirming. I sent an email to UKVI (gov.uk) about it and they said I don’t need to take any actions and just wait to hear back about the endorsement. So, it’s all good. Wish me luck! :smiley:
And all the best to you as well.

5 Likes