Inquiry on Mandatory Criteria

Blockquote * You led the growth of a product-led digital technology company, product or team inside a digital technology company, as evidenced by reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your work, or as evidenced by news clippings, lines of code from public repos or similar evidence.

I presently work at a Virtual University as the IT lead. I developed the company’s platform and was a key contributor to its success. Although the company’s owner is not an IT expert, the virtual university focuses on renewable energy, and online courses are sold through the platform. It is a product-driven digital company. Is it possible for the owner to write me a reference letter without being a tech expert?

I am not sure how the company you have described is a product-led company. If the focus is on renewable energy, how is it a product-led company, is it because the courses are sold online?
When you say reference, are you referring to the three recommendation letters?

By reference letters, I do not mean recommendation letters. I sorta believe that Tech Nation needs someone to write a letter to ascertain the work done by the applicant. It was stated that it should be done by an industry expert. The head of the company I work is not a tech expert. Does it mean I cannot use her?

If it is stated that it must be an industry expert why do otherwise?

I thought that who better explains the work done by the applicant than the owner of the company. Also as the IT Director of the company, I am not sure I have someone higher than me in terms of tech in the company. Although I am looking at getting someone from outside the company to write the reference letter.

Do what is best for you.

Thank you for your clarification. One of the people who wrote me a recommendation letter is a prominent industry expert. Can the same person write a reference letter for the mandatory criteria? Thank you.

you have to use someone else.

Thank you for the feedback.