Got endorsement email

Can’t believe my eyes I received this email in less than 24 hours after submitting application. Can someone confirm I am not mistaking anything here?

endorsement

5 Likes

@zamana You are not :grinning: . That’s exactly it. Congratulations! Stage 2 is waiting for you.

1 Like

I am crying :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:
OMG. I hope I am not dreaming right now :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Ahah. I know the feeling. Make sure to join the Network here after you finish Stage 2. You will be invited to our private Slack channel

Congrats and welcome

1 Like

Hi @herman.komashko sure I will after 2nd stage. Thank you too for your contribution.

1 Like

Congratulations @zamana, can you share the information you submitted, so as to help us in our submission. To help us organize our details in a way to get endorsed very fast. By the way what area of tech are you in?

Can you share your LinkedIn profile or Twitter handle.

@zamana Congratulations !!

1 Like

Hi @ifejesu welcome to the community.

This is not my real name and I will change to real one after clearing stage 2. I will share more details later as well but here is the short description of my profile

My sector is Cybersecurity and I have around 10 years of experience.

In optional criteria, I chose following 2

• How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector?
  • How do I demonstrate that I have exceptional ability in the field by making academic contributions through research?

The 1st criteria means you need to prove, you have volunteered or contributed to the sector outside of your job. This includes engaging or contributing in technical conversation on Github, Stackoverflow etc. I was stuck at this point then I remember I had been contributing to Google Webmasters Forums in 2016 and I had around 100 accepted answers and tons of upvotes.

In 2nd optional criteria, I mentioned my CVEs and all other exploits I published. Few of my researches went viral and some Cybersecurity giants wrote blog posts analyzing my research. I mentioned those multiple articles in my cover letter.

For the mandatory criteria, I showed 2 of my recommendation letters as proof.

5 Likes

Congratulations. Yes. I know that feeling. I guess you were expecting something more dramatic as the endorsement too?

Once again congratulations. Don’t forget to join the Alumni Network

1 Like

@badesemowo I couldn’t believe because I got that email within 24 hours after submission.

Congrats and best wishes on stage 2.

1 Like

Congratulations @zamana

1 Like

Hi Nabeel,

What was your main innovation?

1 Like

hi @abd I dont know what of my achievements can be considered as innovations. I made a CTF (Capture The Flag) which went very popular in the Cybersecurity community. It attracted thousands of downloads. Moreover, I had multiple research, finding vulnerabilities in popular plugins and softwares. This also contributed and saved over a 100,000 websites from getting breached. Few of those research were attracted by other well known Cybersecurity companies and they wrote detailed blog posts analyzing my research. One of them even got featured in a popular UK newspaper.

1 Like

Great. I thought we have to mention one innovation explicitly. Welcome to uk. Let me know if you need any help in relocating.

1 Like

Can you share links to some of your researches and publications?