Feedback Require on my Profile

Dear All,

I am planning to apply for a global talent visa as an exceptional talent.

I have more than 12 years of experience in Information technologies.

1. I have been working with an organization as Business Development Manager which provides infrastructure solutions, Backup and business continuity solutions, Security solutions and Cloud services to customers to transform the business into digital tranformation journey.
  2. I have received Awards from Dell technologies , VMware, Veeam and F5 on my achievements during my tenure.
  3. Working as Lecturer in a University plus have the publications in the same university journals.
  4. Working with Research and Development Center as an advisor.
  5. Received awards from University on my achievement
  6. Co-Founder of startup to promote Robotic Process Automation (Company is not registered on my name.
  7. I have helped many organizations in their business growth by helping them target the right product and hire resources
  8. helped many customers/clients on the availability of data, move DR on clouds etc.

===========================================================
Question

1. Do I have the right profile to apply for technation Visa
  2. Do product-led companies mean only application development, SaaS-based Companies, or Software houses only eligible as product-led digital technologies? What about companies implementing solutions of Vendors Dell, F5, Veeam and VMware?
  3. Do reference letters from customer, partners and vendors are sufficient enough to justify your business growth.

Thanks.

1. Do I have the right profile to apply for technation Visa

It is likely that you have a good case. I say “likely” because only TechNation panel can say for sure.

1. Do product-led companies mean only application development, SaaS-based Companies, or Software houses only eligible as product-led digital technologies? What about companies implementing solutions of Vendors Dell, F5, Veeam and VMware?

It doesn’t have to be SaaS based companies, or application development. You can showcase evidence from other kind of companies too - the key is to establish a consistent track record of working in innovative companies. If the companies implementing solutions are just large consulting companies (read Accenture and likes), that might weaken the case.

Having other exposure to tech contributions like advisory, teaching and co-founding companies, all make the case stronger.

1. Do reference letters from customer, partners and vendors are sufficient enough to justify your business growth.

In general, more the evidence, the better. Providing more than one kind of evidence for something always strengthens the case, than just having to rely on a single source of truth. In general, truth can be verified in public domain - say news clipping etc, also lends more credibility. Obviously, if no other references can be provided, then provide the letters as you suggest and hope for the best.

All the best in general for your application.

2 Likes

“Working as Lecturer in a University plus have the publications in the same university journals”

What field do you lecture in? What are your research publications about? How does your work as a lecturer or journals contribute to the digital technology field?

If you are a co-founder of s startup, you need to have evidence of ownership. Do you have shares certificates or other documents to show your stake in the company?

As for your award, it is not clear what the achievements are, it will help to give a description about the awards in your application.

Thanks, Shreeniwas for your feedback and it’s useful.

Business Growth Point

I will share reference letter from partners/customer and will back it up from any other letter from Vendors to make a strong tale of evidence as sharing financials from any company would be difficult to show.

Hi Francisca,

The field is information technology, the courses taught are Data Structure, Networking Communication, DBMS and also contributed to the curriculum for university.
The Publications are Robotic Process Automation and PCI DSS.

if you are a co-founder of s startup, you need to have evidence of ownership. Do you have shares certificates or other documents to show your stake in the company? (let me check what i can do on this)
Thanks for your support.

Sounds like you have a good chance. Just ensure you put together the evidence based on the criteria you are selecting. Also add notes to explain how it meets the criteria, where necessary give context as an assessor may not understand the impact of your work in your country when compared to the UK. I don’t work for Tech Nation, I am just sharing my personal experience as a GTV recipient.

Thanks, for your feedback, I have few queries.

QC2) Outside Immediate occupation

1. My Research Paper is publish in Sep,2021 , Can they refuse this evidence, I am planning to provide a letter from Dean that I was working on it since last 1 year. (Publication link will be provided)
  2. I will be providing letter from University that I am working as lecturer and my name is also on their Website. (Award I received will be shared)
  3. I will also provide letter from Research Center that I am working as advisor

Above enough evidence to fill QC2?

QC3) Significant Impact

1. I am providing a letter from Software House that I was involve in product development of application made by them
  2. I am also providing a letter from my company stating that I am founding member of the company and I have managed to significantly grow their business during last 5 years (This letter would be backed up Letters from Dell , Veeam and F5) Plus award
  3. Letter from Partner/Customer that my business plans and strategy has boost their business.

Most of my evidence are reference letters, therefore what are the chances and how i can provide more details.

Above enough evidence to fill QC2?

I am unable to parse out whether this is something you are doing as part of a job, or something you are doing over and above your current employment. You mention “working as a lecturer” and that’s where the confusion is coming. If this is part of your day job, tough to prove evidence under OC2. If it is not, then you need to clearly bring it out that this is something you are doing on the side and yet has produced “advancement to the field”.

QC3) Significant Impact

Do your reference letters bring out “significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions” ? - if so, you are probably okay. Again, the innovation of the company is a key angle to showcase well.

how i can provide more details.

There are multiple ways to show evidence beyond letters. Just need to think through the options, such as:

• Any media coverage?
  • Any blog/Social Media posts that highlights your work or the company’s work?
  • Coverage or certificate of the Award?
1 Like

Lecturer is not primary job, I do it as part time to support University.

Yes on the reference letter they will be discussing the significant technical and commercial contribution.

I believe I am good to go.

Great - All the best!

Thank you for all your support.

I have another question.

The personal statement is to cover, why you need to come to UK, your occupation and how UK will be benefited from your skills.

OC2) I will receive the reference letter from the University stating my contribution and advancement of my skills and knowledge created for digital transformation, the same will be covered in other letter, So my question is do I need to write any statement on my Personal Statement that how digital technology advancement I made outside of my occupation or I need to prepare a separate statement for OC2, but the issue is I will be wasting quota of ten pieces of evidence, I hope your understand my question.

Thanks in Advance.

Don’t mix evidence with personal statement. Whatever you need to “prove”, you should use evidence for that. For whatever you want to mention as an aspiration, use the personal statement for that. Personal statement doesn’t need to be supported by evidence as such - you are mentioning what you plan to do.

Tech Nation has made few changes recently (Below is OC2)

Does it mean teaching at University won’t count as evidence? Please clarify.

• Evidence of mentorship must be for activity outside the applicant’s organisation or normal course of work duties and excludes mentorship of other commercial organisations as part of a commercial arrangement. Mentorship should be on behalf of a structured programme with selection criteria and is inclusive of non-profit charities and social mentorship programmes. You must be able to demonstrate a consistent track record of mentoring and have received recognition for your personal contribution. Mentoring at a university or a single startup is not sufficient**. When mentoring alongside other mentors (for example at a top-tier accelerator) you must have been a senior mentor that may be evidenced through a letter of reference from the programme. Note that simply training a colleague, providing general support or advice, or advising at a company of someone you know is not considered to meet the definition of mentorship.

We were alluding to the fact that mentoring as a lecturer in a college seems like

But you said

so, :man_shrugging:t4:

@Shreeniwas_Iyer for your response.

I will be submitting the following evidence for OC2

1. Letter from Registrar of University that I was involved in teaching and designing university curriculum (Name at University Website as Lecturer)
  2. Contact details of students I taught and how I contributed to their career
  3. Awards I received from University for advancement in IT sector. ( To back the evidence that the work, I was doing just to contribute to the field)
  4. Reference Letter from CEO of the research center that I was involved as an advisor

what do you think about the above pieces of evidence?

This is additive and I believe should add value to your application.

As for your evidence on University teaching - I am still not sure how this is a reflection of mentorship when this is something you were being paid for and will be considered as “normal course of work duties”. Perhaps you can add this documentation and hope that TechNation panel considers this as evidence of mentorship?