Hi all, I wanted to share details about my endorsement prep and hope for your advise.
I have an undergraduate business degree from a UK university and 5 years of sales and business development experience at 4 Tech startups (all Fintech). I am currently the Head of Growth of a fintech startup(Nigeria).
Applying for exceptional promise:
Personal statement: Focused on my work and how it shows impact and innovation, what I want to do in the UK and my potential contribution
Letters of recommendation:
- CEO of a Fintech Company (who used to be a former senior colleague at my previous company)
- CEO of a Fintech (a YC backed company)
- CEO of a Fintech company (a YC backed company); happens to be my mentor
- Evidence of high salary (I did a conversion and also comparison using Glassdoor, this shows I command a high salary compared to industry standard here in Nigeria)
- Attestation letter from an industry expert talking about my work
- Evidence of speaking at 2 events. First is an online tech event hosted by a marketing growth agency focused on growth marketing which is aligns with my current job. Second is a non-tech event, however the topic is focused on the use of tech for business growth.
- Letter from my employer (the Chief Commercial Officer) talking about my work
- Op-ed article on “Buy Now Pay Later” which aligns with my experience at my first tech company
Optional Criteria 2
- My contributions to 4 media articles published by a popular, global and renown tech media. They reached out to me for my opinion and contributions. I have screenshots of my chats with the team via LinkedIn. These articles are all fintech (financial services) related articles
- Op-ed article about SMEs and the challenges beyond payment acceptance. This is also in alignment with my current role as the Head of Growth for SME where I work. This was published in December 2022.
Optional Criteria 3
- Evidence of my contribution at company A showing as follows
- Growth of the product. I’m currently leading the sales team to achieve that growth. All metrics included such as total customers acquired, transaction count, transaction value, revenue generated (all backed with screenshots).
- My acquisition strategy which points to my sales and business development process, shows growth projections as well.
- My contributions to the product modification (I listed my contributions and backed with screenshots of the implemented changes)
- Reference letter from the Head of Product attached
- Evidence of my contribution at company B as follows:
- Leading the sales and growth of the product
- I planned and implemented an offline sales campaign which brought about increase in customer acquisition
- I initiated the design and implementation of a loan feature release on the product
- Reference letter from my former reporting line while working at company B