Endorsement Received - Software Engineer - Exceptional Promise

Hi Maya and Victrr,

You can take a look at my details and provide feedback so that I can work and update the details accordingly.

rgds,
Chandra.

In regards with optional 3- (Impact) you have to show technical, commercial or entrepreneurial. I am not sure how your evidences match this criteria? are you providing evidences for technical? commercial? or entrepreneurial??

Hi Maya,

I am expertise in technical competency in artificial intelligence and machine learning. So the optional criteria (impact) I have listed keeping technical in mind. Hence I requrested the feedback to get them updated if they are not mapped correctly. Please advice for deletion, updation or addition.

• Optional Criteria (Impact)
    • Screenshot of the published book by BPB publications which is available for sale on Amazon website with 5-star rating.
    • Screenshot of contributions to github with links. But they are not forked or downloaded by others.
    • Speaker and presenter at ADCOM (Advanced Computing) Conference 2018 of paper of which I am also an author.
    • Publication of paper in research gate with around 2K views.

Published book, how many reviews? how many attendees were there in conference?
are these activities outside your day-to-day job responsibilities? I dont know , but it seems all contributions best match criteria 2) How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector?

the only technical point to me is the GitHub which has no downloads. and this is a red flag as i see Tech Nation pointed this out for some applicants.

@Francisca_Chiedu what do you think?

The book titled ā€œEssentials of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learningā€ was published on 21st Nov 2021 and till now got 7 reviews with 5-star rating. Not sure if I can still use this for any of the criteria, please let me know. The link to the book in Amazon is given below.

Regarding the conference, there were more than 100 plus attendees. I can get link to th paper presented in ADCOM and publication in ADCOM journal. The details of the conference are given below. (Name; Chandrashekar B Nagaraj). The paper was written on ā€œExplanable Artificial Intelligenceā€.

Let me know for which criteria one can use this. May be for MC, let me know.

Regarding github, I have made contributions and there are no downloads or forks. If this does not add value, then I will remove it from the list.

Please let me know for any additional details.

rgds,
Chandra.

Are these within your scope of work? daily responsibilities in contract you signed with a company? or you did these activities outside your work duties? please read the tech nation guide for clarity and check the optional criteria.

Personally, I dont see the impact, not technical, entrepreneurial or commercial. Examples for impact are developing product from scratch? Github with high contributions or continuity in contribution ? Raise funding? maybe you should consider optional 2 instead of 3.

The conference has a good number of attendees and the book and Github have low rate of reviews and downloads, however, can be used as additional documents supporting main ones. Again, these will not be suitable for optional 2 unless it is outside your day to day work !

Please read the guide , you will be able to identify best optional for you .

Best of luck

1 Like

Thanks Maya for the feedback. Let me take a break, revisit the guide and incorporate all the feedback provided. I will come back with updated details.

rgds,
Chandra.

1 Like

Congratulations @Victrr. It is a great achievement. Very well deserved :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations on your endorsement.

I am based in Nigeria and trying to use the payscale for salary reference but Iā€™m unable to navigate it as its showing salaries in the UK and US. Kindly direct on how to get Nigeria on payscale.com.

Thank you

1 Like

I think you can Google ā€œaverage salaries of software engineers in Nigeriaā€. Then click on results that leads to payscale. Thatā€™s what I did

1 Like

Thank you, I will do that.

when you say a history of your high salary, do you mean your account statements?

it means all the times youā€™ve earned a high salary.

Hi @Victrr, trust your day has been well. Please a quick one on optional criteria 2, I have worked for institutions who use private git where we push and commit codes. The best I could get is screen shots of the summary pages of these applications which a former colleague helped with. the screen shots also show my name when committing.
I have just uploaded all of these codes on my private git and was able to backdate my commit histories but the upload date still shows current date.
Please how can I use this to meet Optional criteria two as I have over 30 projects I have worked on.
cc: @Francisca_Chiedu, @Dare_Ayanwale, @Maya, @Shreeniwas_Iyer

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, Victrr.
Is there a way to contact you privately so we can talk more?

I would say add the screenshots, your link and an explanation. You could also get a senior person in the organization to write a letter referencing your contributions.
Hope this helps.
I wish you the best

1 Like

please, Iā€™m not clear on this. How did you make this document three pages? Did you take screenshots of the work contracts in order to fit them into a three-page document?

Yes. Screenshot showing important parts of the contract like role, salary. They were five companies. There were also screenshot of equity option grants

1 Like

Congrats @Victrr, please I want to ask if those hackerrank certificates can be just skill certifications right??

I canā€™t really say as it depends on the assessor