Digital leader 10 year digital business leadership experience - Application rejected with shabby reasons ! Tech Nation Racism?

Thanks ! Explained my sadness in a detailed post here.

Yeah I agree completely she was very intense.

2 Likes

She has been to the point.

Did your visa application got rejected too?

1 Like

Some people like it when you tell them what they want to hear. I volunteer my time to respond to questions on this forum at no cost. I am gradually getting a sense that I have to avoid responding to folks who seem to have answers to their questions yet come here to ask questions. It also doesn’t help responding to people who refuse to read the tech nation guide or insist on using unsuitable evidence because they think they have many years of experience, only to come and rant when their application is unsuccessful.

3 Likes

Francisca, I think everyone appreciate what you do. Speaking for myself, I know I do. But you can be two things at the same time. You were intense and helpful. You could have turned down the intensity and still be helpful.

Thanks for all you do!

4 Likes

I wonder what you mean by intense? Just so you know issues of racism or discrimination should never be taken likely. If addressing someone’s sense of entitlement is what you called intense then you are entitled to your opinion.

1 Like

Thanks for judging me that I have a, “sense off entitlement” :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Came across this thread now while searching for keyword reject in order to know better, why people may get rejection.

I think @TheFintechGuy’s approach needs caution too.

Someone coming with a racism allegation while the evidences (in my view) shows that he didn’t arrange/categorize his evidences in ways that will favour him, moreso I think it’s a good thing that we have high-flyers here, but you really don’t want to pose as arrogant too.

This is the second thread I will see allegations of racism and careful observation of points shows that the allegations are wrong.

Depends on how we see this though.
I think @Francisca_Chiedu 's approach helped in reducing his energy on the false allegation.

I think we should be mindful of the words we use. I just imagine the likely tones in @TheFintechGuy’s GTV application as an assessor. You could even affect the focus of the assessor from seeing your credible achievements to seeing someone who feels he is already qualified by his own standard and therefore must be endorsed.

3 Likes

Can’t seem to understand why people are referring to @Francisca_Chiedu submissions as intense. The assessor clearly gave full reasons why they thought the application wasn’t meeting the requirements. Best thing is to go back, look into those rejection reasons and correct mistakes where required either by getting the services of a lawyer or doing it yourself.

And the racism card played is not a good one. Many have been rejected and did not put that to racism. They took their rejections in good faith and either moved on, made new applications or applied for reviews of their rejections.

2 Likes

To me this almost highlights how short sighted Tech Nation is.

The point of this visa is to find talented individuals. You are clearly very talented, and the UK could benefit so much from having you there. They seem to just reject people because they don’t fit perfectly into a box. The whole point of the visa is you are supposed to be unique so you can bring something different to the UK.