Dependent-Skilled Worker Tier 2 Visa time period for ILR on Global Talent Visa

Hi All,
This is my first in this forum. I am writing in concern with switching from Dependent-Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa to Global Talent Visa. I have been staying in the UK from 29th March 2021 on Dependent-Skilled Worker Visa. Further, I started working as a Research Fellow from November 2021. Now from July onwards I am working as Research Associate on a project sponsored by UKRI. I want to apply for Global Talent Visa in Academic/Researcher Category.

My query is as follows:

Does the time period I have spent in the UK on Dependent-Skilled Worker Tier 2 Visa include towards minimum time period to be completed for applying ILR in the UK on Global Talent Visa, if I get the same?

Many Thanks!
Best Regards,

Yes you can count the time spent on skilled work visa

1 Like

Thank you Francisca for your useful reply. I am just curious can I get some document or some source to read about it before applying for GTV?

Many Thanks!
Ruby

1 Like

Hi Francisca,

I hope you’re doing well. Following up on my previous question, I have another query. My partner and I will have been in the UK on a skilled worker visa for 3 years by March 2024. We’re now considering applying for a GTV.

For ILR, there are two criteria:

1. On a skilled worker visa, we need to spend 5 years.
  2. On a GTV, it’s 3 years.

My question is: If we switch to a GTV now and have already spent 3 years in the UK on a skilled worker visa, can we apply for ILR after March this year based on the time spent on the skilled worker visa counting towards the GTV requirement?

Many Thanks,
Ruby

If you apply for global talent and get endorsed as talent then you may be eligible for ILR immediately. If your partner doesn’t have endorsement then they have to complete 5 years as dependant.

Dear Francisca,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have one more question: is it necessary for both the main applicant and the dependent to have endorsements and GTV to apply for ILR after three years?

Your clarification on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!
Ruby

Yes. If you are both endorsed as exceptional talent the you may be eligible for ILR.

1 Like