Tech Nation has updated the guide to reflect the official [ Statement of Changes HC617] which takes effect from 6th October 2021. The rule seems to be favourable for those considering the Exceptional promise route. In Rule GTE 7.4(b)(i) evidence for exceptional promise applications of “innovation as a founder of a product led digital technology company or as an employee working on a new digital field or concept is to be reduced from ‘at least two’ to at least one example”. See
Tech Nation Visa Guide for details.
- Added wording to clarify types of eligible applicants, Technical vs Business.
- The phrase ‘at least’ has been removed from the optional criteria for Promise, applicants should choose ONLY two optional criteria.
- Clarified meaning for Optional Criteria 4 (academic achievement). For this criteria, it is the Research that should be endorsed by an expert, not the applicant themselves.
- All Promise criteria have been amended to require ‘At least 1 example’ of evidence
- Added ‘Board member’ to applicant type for Optional Criteria 3 for Talent (significant impact).
- Added wording that all evidence must legible for assessment.
EXAMPLES OF EVIDENCE:
- Added wording that Patent applications made solely for the purpose & timing of application are not acceptable.
- Updated wording to clarify what is acceptable as evidence of Mentorship.
- Added wording that contributions to software development made solely for the purpose & timing of application are not acceptable.
- Updated wording to clarify what is acceptable as evidence of Conferences.
- To support above criteria amendment, added wording to state that academic research must be either published or endorsed by an expert.